Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Paint the roof: bus kote, plastidip, or it makes no difference?

Old 07-06-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just curious. Why wouldnt you see a temp change? Say from a black top and plastic dip it white? White would reflect the sun more than black I thought?
Old 07-09-2014, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

That was my point at the beginning... Probably should have been more clear. White plasti dip seems like it could help with that. May have to give it a try if I find some free time.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Left me know how it turns out. I have thought about doing the same.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by teejayone
I am just curious. Why wouldnt you see a temp change? Say from a black top and plastic dip it white? White would reflect the sun more than black I thought?
How would you see a temp change? Painting the inside of a hard top black? The Inside of the hardtop isn't the part that would/could reflect. The heat is comes through becuase the hard top is not, in any way, insulated. It's like saying painting the inside of your boots white would make them cooler. NOT going to happen.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:03 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure where you got off track? I am talking about painting the outside. Of course interior color has nothing to do with anything.....

Quick Reply: Paint the roof: bus kote, plastidip, or it makes no difference?