Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Paint over Bedliner?

Old 02-08-2016, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint over Bedliner?

I painted my bumper and grill with Rustoleum bedliner about a year ago and both need to be redone. I also have a bare rear bumper that I need to paint. I really like Raptor Liner when I used it for the tub and I am want to use it on the bumpers for something more durable.

What prep work needs to be done to paint over the rustoleum, do I need to sand it or just clean it really well with Acetone? Thanks for the help, I searched and couldn't find anything about painting over bedliner.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you prepped the bumper and grill before you bed lined them, a simple rub down with acetone should be plenty. I had my bumpers sprayed with Line-X then I sprayed them with rustoleum gloss black which makes them easy to keep clean. Every spring I rub them down with acetone and hit them up with another coat to keep them looking fresh

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2845307158.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	498.6 KB
ID:	637199

Quick Reply: Paint over Bedliner?