Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OX Lockers

Old 01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OX Lockers

Anybody running the OX Lockers??? I'm looking at them pretty hard I was even looking at them for my old YJ. What do you all think??
Old 01-05-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Junkie

Not running the OX locker but from what I've read and heard around, they are a pain. Have to pull the differential cover to make cable adjustments. Hard to engage at times. Etc.

For the money, go ARB.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Yea that's what dave just said think that's what I'm going to end up doing
Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Not running the OX locker but from what I've read and heard around, they are a pain. Have to pull the differential cover to make cable adjustments. Hard to engage at times. Etc.

For the money, go ARB.
The first versions had some issues.

Since then, there have been some good changes made. Any selectable locker can get bound up preventing easy engagement/disengagement. This includes ARB's and electric lockers.

The OX will be more durable IMHO. There are no air lines to crack/get ripped off, and you don't need to have an compressor running to keep them engaged.

Both are fine products, just comes down to user preference.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since then, there have been some good changes made. Any selectable locker can get bound up preventing easy engagement/disengagement. This includes ARB's and electric lockers.

The OX will be more durable IMHO. There are no air lines to crack/get ripped off, and you don't need to have an compressor running to keep them engaged.

Both are fine products, just comes down to user preference.
I keep hearing people say they dont like ARB becuase of the air lines -- The lines are not a issue and if you route them properly you will have zero problems.

You have the same chance of bursting a fuel line as you do a ARB Line.

Also the compressor does not Run it just builds up pressure and holds thats it.

David
Old 01-05-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the arbs
Old 01-05-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I'd definitely be interested to hear if anyone has done this to a JK -- I see that they're offering kits for that application, but I can't find a single pic or report of anyone who's gone through with it... They're very appealing to me as well since they look well-made and I really like the idea of fewer moving parts, but I do find it strange that no one seems to have them.

Aside from longevity, one possible issue I can see is where to mount the levers in the cab so they're accessible and don't look dumb... another reason why I'd really like to see pics...
Old 01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had ox lockers on my scrambler with 0 problems. easy to engage and easy to take out. very strong and durable.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Don't they make some HD Stainless Steel braided air lines that are like the break lines for the ARB setup?
while googling for pics I happened to come across this:

https://www.northridge4x4.com/prodde...p?prod=RE-1592

Quick Reply: OX Lockers