Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Overland Hybrid style lift

Old 02-28-2016, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overland Hybrid style lift

Usually when someone talks about and Overland style used jeep AEV is at the top of the list. But what about a hybrid situation where most of the Jeeps use is on highway and service roads but every once in a while you either A) get a wild hair and take a more aggressive trail on or B) get into some more extreme terrain than you bargained for.

Of course tires and gearing play a more important role, that's why I'm concentrating on new tires and a regear while I put my BB to good use.

So my point being for a overland hybrid style driving style, besides AEV, is a RK or Metalcloak setup going to be a good alternate choice?

My Jeep is a 2009 2 door Sport X by the way
Old 02-28-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Teraflex. Aev is driven by marketing with their suspensions. They are no better than any other one. I do LOVE their hard good items however, bumpers, etc. But I think the teraflex 2.5" with lower arms and fox resi shocks will probably out perform the AEV.

Quick Reply: Overland Hybrid style lift