Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Overheating ARB compressor

Old 11-07-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating ARB compressor

I feel bad for my compressor, really. It's a hard job to fill up 4 37s after airing down to hit the trail. Anyhow, it has been overheating before I can finish the job completely. I'm trying to think up some mechanisms to draw heat out of the unit while it's working. Anybody else have any ideas that they've used?

Micah
Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burbingus
I feel bad for my compressor, really. It's a hard job to fill up 4 37s after airing down to hit the trail. Anyhow, it has been overheating before I can finish the job completely. I'm trying to think up some mechanisms to draw heat out of the unit while it's working. Anybody else have any ideas that they've used?

Micah
Invest in a 2.5 gallon air tank. Jeepswag. Com call and talk to them they will let you Know what you need
Old 11-07-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

I have a portable air tank, but I haven't really used it much. I'll have to give it a shot next time. I'm thinking of fabricating a couple of large heat sinks and couple fans to them that are switched with the compressor. They can mount on the side of the unit. Nice ideas so far!

Quick Reply: Overheating ARB compressor