Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Overheating

Old 06-29-2016, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating

So I have a 2012 Unlimited Sport and recently I've been having a couple problems with it. First I've been hearing a sound of water rushing from under the dash on the passenger side. Then recently the jeeps been overheating to about the 3/4 mark on the temperature gauge when I drive it usually on the freeway. Tried doing a flush and fill then changed the radiator cap and also the thermostat and all those symptoms are still present. Wondering if any of you have had similar issues and/ or any ideas on what the problem is/ how to fix it.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Give the radiator a good cleaning. Take plastic piece off top and bottom of rad. Use a garden hose not a pressure washer. Rinse both sides.
Good luck!
Old 06-29-2016, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by naka_jk
First I've been hearing a sound of water rushing from under the dash on the passenger side.
If you're hearing water rushing that would be indicative of air in the system. You mentioned flushing your system, did you purge all the air after?
Old 06-29-2016, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Yes I've purged it several times. Still hear the water noise tho.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Yes I've purged it several times. Still hear the water noise tho.
If you filled it up and purged the system then you should not hear any noise. If you are hearing noise then your water is going somewhere. There could be several different reasons for losing water. Find out where it is going and you will fix your problem.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I have a 2012 Unlimited Sport and recently I've been having a couple problems with it. First I've been hearing a sound of water rushing from under the dash on the passenger side. Then recently the jeeps been overheating to about the 3/4 mark on the temperature gauge when I drive it usually on the freeway. Tried doing a flush and fill then changed the radiator cap and also the thermostat and all those symptoms are still present. Wondering if any of you have had similar issues and/ or any ideas on what the problem is/ how to fix it.
I had the same issue as I've posted several times. 2012 right around 60k miles. After back and forth with the dealer ended up being a poorly working water pump. It fixed all the issues. And the water sound by the glove box 100% gone. It had actually gotten worse over a year or so at first only heard it when you started it. The day they replaced the water pump you could actually hear it sloshing around as you stopped and accelerated.

Quick Reply: Overheating