Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Over inflation tire wear

Old 03-02-2013, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over inflation tire wear

I picked up some 35in bfg ats for pretty cheap, 2 of which have even wear and 80+% left. The other two have over inflation wear right through the middles and its about 2mm more than the outsides and its a gradual depth increase and decrease across. The "average" depth of those 2 are in line with the 80%.

I'm about to buy wheels and have them installed but wanted some advice first. The misworn 2 were the rears on a ford raptor and obviously over inflated and burned out a few times.

Soooo... Do I run them and hopefully the gradually wear more evenly with less tire pressure? Do I put the mis worn ones on the front or back? Do I sell them and look for something else.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would properly inflate them and throw them on the rear. I'm sure they will wear in just fine.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by finfreeze
I would properly inflate them and throw them on the rear. I'm sure they will wear in just fine.
X2. Keep the good tires up front.

Quick Reply: Over inflation tire wear