Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Orfab tire carrier

Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rust....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-260342853.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	373845

Still love my carrier tho.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Red
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rust/corrosion is definately an issue on the latch and hinges. Other than that no problem. I carry a 37" spare and two Gerry cans (often full) and have no rattle. Not sure, but I think the carrier is on for over 3 years now. Install was a pain. It's not difficult, just somewhat cumbersome and awkward. I could see where/how it would rattle, though I think that is more the fault of a poor or hasty install or incorrectly adjusting it or not adjusting it down the road after some weight has been hanging on it for a while.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had mine for six months, carrying a 37 no rattle rust or concerns other than how badass it is with rotopax cans and my toyo hanging off. Not a trending carrier out here so its nice to have a fresh look
Old 10-06-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had mine for two years only rust is where the others have indicated because of the direct contact of the carrier and latch block. Absolutely no rattles! It's very stout. Once you get past the drilling into the body the install is cake. I would recommend this carrier to anyone.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine. No rattles, holds tire, hi lift, 2 cans and cb ant. Just the usual rust as everyone else stated, but rattle can fixes that. Anything metal is going to rust eventually. If you want to get crafty, just have it Line-X'd before you install it. Just make sure you dont cover the contact areas.

Quick Reply: Orfab tire carrier