Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ORE Enforcer with 2.5" Kings VS ORE Long Arm with Bilsteins??????????????

Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORE Enforcer with 2.5" Kings VS ORE Long Arm with Bilsteins??????????????

I am looking for feed back from people that are actually running these two kits. I know the long arm is new so their may not be a lot of those out.

I just picked up my 11 and took it on a 800 mile trip and the ride was shitty. As soon as you hit uneven bumps the thing is flighty and skiddish. Feels like it wants to roll over on itself. I realize its not a cadillac but I want the best ride I can get with the new lift.

I was going witht he AEV 4.5" but have now narrowed it down to the ORE set ups. If I do the long Arm I wont be able to pull the trigger with the Kings, I will have to keep the Bilsteins (I'm already at 10k with the enforcer set up, wheels, tires, driveline, headlights, gears, sleeves/gussets). Knowing that, what would be a better choice for on road ride, the Enforcer with the 2.5's or the Long Arm with the Bilsteins?

I have money in hand and am waiting on my wheels/tires. I know its a lifted jeep and wont ride like a caddy, but bottom line if I'm spending this kind of money, I want the best riding lift possible. I talked to one member with the Enforcer and his thoughts were that he liked the set up, but it wasnt really smooth on road. So I dont want to make a $2850 mistake.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

I've got a 2007 Sahara 4 door with the ORE Enforcer kit and King 2.5's.
I am happy with the ride quality. If you go with this kit be sure to get the Droplink kit for the front, it's an option. Remember, it's a Jeep. If you think the ride is rough try lowering the tire pressure a bit, say 28 psi.

I'm running on 35" Goodyear MT/R's and it looks great. I get a little rubbing on the front lower control arm on the right side and I think 37's will max you out for tire clearance with this kit.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IXPLORN
I've got a 2007 Sahara 4 door with the ORE Enforcer kit and King 2.5's.
I am happy with the ride quality. If you go with this kit be sure to get the Droplink kit for the front, it's an option. Remember, it's a Jeep. If you think the ride is rough try lowering the tire pressure a bit, say 28 psi.

I'm running on 35" Goodyear MT/R's and it looks great. I get a little rubbing on the front lower control arm on the right side and I think 37's will max you out for tire clearance with this kit.

Thank you for posting. I am definatley going with the flip kit. I am also going with a 1" spacer for a little more lift. How does the suspension soak up bumps? When I was coming back from LA on the freeway, the jeep was ALL over the road wallowing.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
Thank you for posting. I am definatley going with the flip kit. I am also going with a 1" spacer for a little more lift. How does the suspension soak up bumps? When I was coming back from LA on the freeway, the jeep was ALL over the road wallowing.
The suspension soaks up the bumps quite well and when you air down on the trail it's a really nice ride, IMO. I have the same issue with the Jeep wandering down the freeway lanes but I think that is mainly due to the tire tread and the grooves in the lane. I got my Enforcer kit before the flip kit was an option but I am having one installed tomorrow and then can report on any improvement.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Corona Doug
I'm also running the ORE Enforcer lift for 37" tires. As I told you in your PM, I like the lift and it is better than stock. If your planning on running 37" tires your going to want to use spacers. Well I did anyway. I'm running Toyo's that are 13.5, you might not have a rub if you go with 12.5 tires.

I think that ORE is one of the best systems out there for duel use. On Road & Off Road... Good luck in your quest

Also, I don't think that a 1" body lift is going to help you with a rub on the control arm or frame... Neither of those will be changed with a body lift at all.
I will be runnig a coil spacer lift, no body lift.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IXPLORN
The suspension soaks up the bumps quite well and when you air down on the trail it's a really nice ride, IMO. I have the same issue with the Jeep wandering down the freeway lanes but I think that is mainly due to the tire tread and the grooves in the lane. I got my Enforcer kit before the flip kit was an option but I am having one installed tomorrow and then can report on any improvement.
Excelent, look forward to hearing the difference with the flip kit.

Quick Reply: ORE Enforcer with 2.5" Kings VS ORE Long Arm with Bilsteins??????????????