Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ordering a BB lift in Canada

Old 03-22-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nightbat
I ordered TF 2.5 from Northridge . Ill post how the process is but shipping across the border is slow 4 weeks now I think so far.

Nightbat
Wow...4 weeks now...How much are you paying for Brokerage fees and Tarriffs???

I am looking at an extra $125 for fees and tarriffs plus another $60 for shipping over and above the $299.00 to get a RoughCountry 2.5" BB with shocks. So, it is climbing to the $500 range with everything with no install.

I am thinking of just cruising down the wife's JK to the Idaho or Washington state and buying the kit and getting it installed at a shop in the states to avoid all the fees and tarriffs.

I am going to talk with UPS here in town and talk with them about the fee's I am looking at from Quadratec or Northridge as I would like to get a BB installed this summer.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out here in Manitoba, we typically just get it shipped to the border and then pick it up ourselves. Usually can find a farmer who has created a small side business of having ebay and other goods shipped to him. Typically costs about $5-$10 per package.

With free shipping from Northridge and others it really works well. I would guess there is some delivery service you can find in Watertown NY (an hour away from Kingston if memory serves me correct) or maybe closer.

The small border crossing sites are used to seeing us now.

takes up 2 hours of your time and gas but sure found the selection was way better south of 49.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
I found the website, but my French is a little week. It is the kit they are offering for $295 on the JK Page?
yupp that is it
u can call them they will be glad to help u out
Old 03-22-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by flyer415
Out here in Manitoba, we typically just get it shipped to the border and then pick it up ourselves. Usually can find a farmer who has created a small side business of having ebay and other goods shipped to him. Typically costs about $5-$10 per package.

With free shipping from Northridge and others it really works well. I would guess there is some delivery service you can find in Watertown NY (an hour away from Kingston if memory serves me correct) or maybe closer.

The small border crossing sites are used to seeing us now.

takes up 2 hours of your time and gas but sure found the selection was way better south of 49.
Ya I was talking to a guy from ottawa and he gets his stuff shipped to a UPS store in Ogdenburg NY. It is another option for me.

Thanks a lot for the info guys...
TH
Old 03-24-2008, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well mine arrived today .

$59.99 shipping from Northridge and $102.00 brokeridge fees from the border I paid when I picked up the package.

Take it as you wish I suppose.

379.99 TF BB shocks
59.99 shipping
102.00 fees
541.98 total
Old 03-24-2008, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Nightbat
Well mine arrived today .

$59.99 shipping from Northridge and $102.00 brokeridge fees from the border I paid when I picked up the package.

Take it as you wish I suppose.

379.99 TF BB shocks
59.99 shipping
102.00 fees
541.98 total

Ouch....I was looking at SDL Suspension out of Montreal and it looks like $300 W/O shocks from them shipped.....man those brokerage fees are a joke.....Free Trade my ass
Old 03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually, the brokerage fees are put their by the shipping/broker company for their paperwork and pain. You can elect to self-clear and it will save those fees. You get the paperwork from the broker, go to customs, pay GST only typically, get the form stamped by Customs at that time, bring it back to the brokerage firm an then they will release the goods. Time vs cost.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

in my opinion it always cost more to ship with ups. You always get dinged for brokerage etc. I have found if you ship USPS it is seven out of ten times shipped to your local post office(to big to deliver) and there is no GST or brokerage.Thats how i got my lift, lights, brakets, switches,etc etc. UPS is making a killing on online ordering from places like ebay, change the way you ship and it will save you money!!!!! Shipping options i have used are
-USPS
-Greyhound
-Purolator
Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jk alberta
in my opinion it always cost more to ship with ups. You always get dinged for brokerage etc. I have found if you ship USPS it is seven out of ten times shipped to your local post office(to big to deliver) and there is no GST or brokerage.Thats how i got my lift, lights, brakets, switches,etc etc. UPS is making a killing on online ordering from places like ebay, change the way you ship and it will save you money!!!!! Shipping options i have used are
-USPS
-Greyhound
-Purolator
I try to use USPS whenever possible as well, the only thing is they won't insure high price items, as a result places like Northridge and Quadratec refuse to use them.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

if you pay by credit card you usualy have additional coverage for lost/ stolen/ defective items. In fact in some cases your credit card will double the manufactures warranty on purchases, never used it but i have had my credit card company replace my daughters ipod that was stolen @ school.

Quick Reply: Ordering a BB lift in Canada