Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Order of my lift build??

Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order of my lift build??

I am not ready yet as I am still gathering parts but I would like any input on the order of sticking these things to my 2013 J/K sport 2 dr automatic.

Teraflex 2.5 coil lift
Rancho Rs 9000xl 329 and 330's shocks front and rear
Teraflex monster track bar
Rancho drop brackets.
bolt kit (synergy or Northridge)
JKS quicker disco's
35dt's when its all up.

I am sure Teraflex has instructions but I am wondering if I should do the drop brackets at any particular time. I will have access to a lift and air tools so I am thinking that may help a bit. Also would I have to extend my brake lines? I am not really planning on stretching it out right away but what is the thoughts on this? How about recentering the steering and should I get an alignment after? Any ideas tips of what to do and not to do? Its my first time but I am confident in my mechanical abilities and have others who are much better than I to help too. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks like a great kit. I have an OME kit but I did extend my brake lines and added bump stops because of the discos. What is the reason for the drop brackets? I have an OME lift and did not get those. I am definitely wanting the bolt kit now also.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build. For the price of the rancho's i would look into something like fox 2.0, bilstein 5100's or RK monotubes. Last forever and excellent quality. Ive heard of ranchos leaking. I personally had one leak on my XJ.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:30 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I would just do it all at the same time and the brake lines will depend on the length of the shocks and how much more travel they have over the factory shocks. At 2.5" of lift from teraflex I would not even mess with the drop brackets.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:16 PM
JK Junkie

^ all at the same time. Swapping the bolts and adding the drop brackets is easy because all those bolts are loosened anyways. Make sure the jeep is on its tires or jack stands under axles before torquing the CA's and TB's.

You will have to recenter the steering wheel at the end. Caster will be set with the brackets. Toe is the only adjustable spec. Up to you if you want to have it aligned but easy to do your self.

Last edited by kjeeper10; 11-10-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I would just do it all at the same time and the brake lines will depend on the length of the shocks and how much more travel they have over the factory shocks. At 2.5" of lift from teraflex I would not even mess with the drop brackets.
Not trying to hijack or anything but can someone tell me some more about the brackets and if they are necessary with an OME lift. I guess I am getting somewhere around 2.5" of lift also. I am doing ball joints soon and if I should do drop brackets I would like to do them at the same time. Are they necessary? How about LCA's with 2.5" of lift? Necessary?
Old 11-10-2013, 04:40 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

If you feel your steering is light drop brackets or lower control arms will help you to somewhat correct the caster.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If you feel your steering is light drop brackets or lower control arms will help you to somewhat correct the caster.
I feel my steering is flighty but I have a steering stabilizer and my ball joints are shot. I'm thinking the flighty steering could be from the ball joints.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:39 AM
JK Junkie

Measure your pinion angle to get caster. Flighty steering is almost always a caster issue.

I'm running the Rancho brackets with 3.5" of lift and they are amazing on road.

Last edited by kjeeper10; 11-11-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:26 AM
JK Newbie

Is there something special that has to be done when extending the brake lines? In all the posts I vaguely remember someone talking about the dealer has to reprogram something if you extend your brake lines. I don't know if that was BS or not. As stated mine is a 2013 2 dr JK. Otherwise sounds like I am on the right track for the build.

On a same but different note I was out at the dealerships (without my camera) and saw 2 lifted 4 door 2014's non rubis on 35's (MT's and Nittos) that are being sold by the dealers. Kind of cool to crawl under and see what they did. I am thinking a Mopar lift? the shocks were white and just guessing at a 2.5 to 3.5 lift. It looked good. They also tacked the spare right to the tailgate with factory rear bumper and factory spare holder. Don't know how that will hold up.

Quick Reply: Order of my lift build??