Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Options for balancing 37s

Old 04-08-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options for balancing 37s

Today I got a quote of $205 to mount and balance my set of 5 37" Cooper Stts. The quote was for the Hunter Road Force balancer. This seemed a little steep. I was wondering if I should just go for it or go another route. Either traditional balance for about half the cost or Dynabeads.

What are your opinions? Past Experiences?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not sure about up there where your from but a buddy of mine had 37 or 38 inch open countries and paid 50 a tire and he only had 4 so that would have been 250 for 5 so i would say go for it since its a better balance i would guess
Old 04-08-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

I had 35's on my dodge and put 6 oz's of this polymer stuff called equal (they have it at over the road truck places) google it under equal tire balancer, anyway I used ot and tires never seen a balance machine and never had a balance problem,, the tire place where I bought the tires at threw it in for free,, I would have used it on this one but 4 wheeler parts gave me a sweet deal on my procomp stuff and balanced the tires the ole fashion way by machine, when I go 37's next time I just might go equal tire balancer depending if they throw in the balance or not
Old 04-08-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Is that price for an "off-road" shop? I've noticed they tend to run a little pricey.

Have you called your dealer? I had 5 of my 35s road-forced for only $60, total.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn $60! Not bad. That quote was from Firestone. I'll give my dealer a call tomorrow and see what they say. I just assumed that the dealership would be more expensive.

Quick Reply: Options for balancing 37s