Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Optimal Automatic Shifting Points

Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkerr
Thanks again for your help JPop.

FYI, I was poking around in the Diablo this evening. Here's how it is currently set (factory):

1st to 2nd
8%: 1439.95
10%: 3071.90
15%: 5855.81
25%: 9311.70

2nd to 3rd
15%: 801.58
20%: 1603.16
25%: 3259.76
45%: 5183.56

WOT for 1-2 & 2-3 is 5600 RPM.

These settings are a bit unusual. 1-2 for 25% is at 9311 RPM. Red-line is 6K. I'd never hit that. Similarly, 15% for 2-3 is at 801 RPM. I don't think the RPM's ever get that low when going form 2-3. Very strange.

It doesn't look like i'd want to set every % option at max torque. Any suggestions on where to start is much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
I didn't see another post continuing this thread, but have a similar question. I did however find that the RPM value in INTUNE is Output Shaft Speed and not engine RPM. I've been slowly bumping up values across just to see what happens, but I am a little fearful of damaging the transmission as a few posters have warned.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So is this SuperChips Optimal program in the additional Transmission menu that you buy extra or is it in the regular menu..?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Slightly related question, but has anyone installed both the Intune and Superchips? Intune for RIPP performance tuning and Superchips for the Transmission Schedule?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I have often wondered what stock shift points are set at, why and at what throttle position. Shifts are sluggish. Early sometimes. Late the other. The downshift hesitation is absolutely ridiculous. Line pressure I wish was bumped up. I think an aggressive valve body and upping the line pressure would help. But finding your sweet spots vs what someone like may be difficult.

After my built transmission in diesel a few years back. It was tough to get it right. Converter lockup, and when it locked up. Line pressure along with what rpm and under what load did it shift. I have friends who have 10k in their trucks transmission and it seems like its months before they get them to shift appropriately and not bang or jerk into gear.

Just be patient but don't settle for nothing short of what you want.

Quick Reply: Optimal Automatic Shifting Points