Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OPINIONS WANTED....Help me decide which tires and wheelsand lift!!!!

Old 12-12-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPINIONS WANTED....Help me decide which tires and wheelsand lift!!!!

I also posted in show and tell but thought this forum is better suited for my question...

Ok...I have a 2012 JKUR in Dozer. My Jeep is primarily used for a wknd driver and 2 trips to Mammoth every month. So my primary need is for highway driving and snow and ice.

I've narrowed it down to the Method 301 or the KMC Addict. The tires will be either the Goodyear Duratrac or Procomp extreme A /T in size 285/70/17. I would appreciate input and opinions. Which wheel do you think looks best and which tire would be best suited for my needs?

I will also be doing either the TF leveling kit or the TF 2 1/2 performance BB with shock adapters. I was leaning towards the leveling kit as I dont want the wheels to look too small under a higher lift. Again.....what do you think?

I am ordering it all today so chime in!!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Duratrac's are supposed to be very good in the snow, and great off road. They're also supposed to be very quiet on the highway.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

I am running dura tracks and am very pleased with them. Great on snow and ice and they wheeled well on the weekend.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ive read that quite a bit about the duratracs. Thats the tire i think im going with. Now just have to decide on wheels and lift.....
Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just a thought ! But don't forget about the AEV 2" ...I also only want to run a 33 but I'm afraid after I waste on a leveling kit I'll want something bigger ! But not too big to make the tires look tiny ! So thats my plan at the moment ! As for tires ! I am biased ! I swear by BFG k/os at

( I guess it just depends on what leveling kit you go with , some I believe are something like 2 in the front 1 in the back)
In that case also a option for me as well
Old 12-12-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really like that AEV 2" lift. It comes with bump stops and shock extensions rather than just spacers only. This is now at the front of my list for my lift.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Poker5150
I also posted in show and tell but thought this forum is better suited for my question...

Ok...I have a 2012 JKUR in Dozer. My Jeep is primarily used for a wknd driver and 2 trips to Mammoth every month. So my primary need is for highway driving and snow and ice.

I've narrowed it down to the Method 301 or the KMC Addict. The tires will be either the Goodyear Duratrac or Procomp extreme A /T in size 285/70/17. I would appreciate input and opinions. Which wheel do you think looks best and which tire would be best suited for my needs?

I will also be doing either the TF leveling kit or the TF 2 1/2 performance BB with shock adapters. I was leaning towards the leveling kit as I dont want the wheels to look too small under a higher lift. Again.....what do you think?

I am ordering it all today so chime in!!!!!
If i had to choose from your list I would do the duratracs, addicts, and leveling kit. My. 02
Old 12-12-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the duratracs and the addicts. I will wait on the lift or leveling kit until i see the tires/ wheels mounted on my jeep. Ive been told that the 285/70/17 looks real nice on a stock Rubicon. The shop installing my tires will also trim the plastic skid plate air dam thingy so there is no rubbing.

Quick Reply: OPINIONS WANTED....Help me decide which tires and wheelsand lift!!!!