Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions on tires, anyone?

Old 03-07-2014, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran 35" stts on my Sahara and will most likely replace my 37" km2's with stt. I was very happy with road manners, off road performance in all terrain and wear was excellent.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Soooo many options!!

Working in a tire shop, there are sooo many different tires. But being a newb at the whole offroad/jeep scene. I wanna know what all ya'll think?

My 2010 sahara trail edition is completely stock as of right now. I want to get away from the stock 18's cuz even at my cost 18's are soooo expensive.
My jeep is my DD, so I don't want to go all crazy on mods, but at the same time want it good for mudding and rock climbing (mostly mudding tho).

Thinking of a 2.5'' level kit. But it not being a rubi don't want to go crazy big. What do you guys think? 2.5'' level and 33x12.50R17 toyo m/t or possibly maxxis big horn.. Not too sure yet. What do you guys think!??!?!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeep.mama.86
Soooo many options!! Working in a tire shop, there are sooo many different tires. But being a newb at the whole offroad/jeep scene. I wanna know what all ya'll think? My 2010 sahara trail edition is completely stock as of right now. I want to get away from the stock 18's cuz even at my cost 18's are soooo expensive. My jeep is my DD, so I don't want to go all crazy on mods, but at the same time want it good for mudding and rock climbing (mostly mudding tho). Thinking of a 2.5'' level kit. But it not being a rubi don't want to go crazy big. What do you guys think? 2.5'' level and 33x12.50R17 toyo m/t or possibly maxxis big horn.. Not too sure yet. What do you guys think!??!?!
What is a the difference between a Sahara and a Sahara Trail Edition? Not sure I have heard of that version.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-07-2014, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

like I said, im a total newb haha. But I believe there is not much different besides the badging. But I do know it being a trail edition allows us to go to jeep events strictly for people with trail edition jeeps. I am also in Canada if that makes a difference.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

like I said, im a total newb haha. But I believe there is not much different besides the badging. But I do know it being a trail edition allows us to go to jeep events strictly for people with trail edition jeeps. I am also in Canada if that makes a difference.
What does the badging look like?

Old 03-07-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

So what have you guys heard of fierce attitude tires? They look like they will handle mud just fine but as far as quality I don't know

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1080940827.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	535742
Old 03-07-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

I can take an actual pic of my ride later
Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blackrubi13
So what have you guys heard of fierce attitude tires? They look like they will handle mud just fine but as far as quality I don't know

Attachment 535742
Fierce attitudes are alright but as far as long lasting, they leave a bit to be desired. They are their own brand. Customers are happy with them but wish they lasted longer.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can take an actual pic of my ride later
I believe all jeeps (including liberty's and Cherokees) have that badge on the drivers side. That is not a special edition badge.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MTMxRubi
I believe all jeeps (including liberty's and Cherokees) have that badge on the drivers side. That is not a special edition badge. Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
you are right on this and it's a little weird to have them on, it's a jeep I hope it would be rated for trails you know. Oh well just something they thought would look cool I guess I've seen most people remove them

Quick Reply: Opinions on tires, anyone?