Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions on tires, anyone?

Old 03-06-2014, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on tires, anyone?

Thinking of going with toyo mts what do y'all think. Are there any better and remember I'm looking for a good highway ride also
Old 03-06-2014, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the Nitto TG in a 35 - great tire on and off road. Recently went up to a 37 and went with toyo because i wanted a 13.50 wide tire. I haven't had it off road yet, but on road they are awesome…i would say better than the TG with regards to ride and noise…..not that you want to make a decision based on "look" of the tire but they are so close in performance you may want to take that into consideration (along with price) I personally like the look of the TG a little more….that said that is all preference…i think most people actually like the look of the toyo more….

Cant go wrong with either tire in my opinion…I have been very happy with both.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobby G
I have had the Nitto TG in a 35 - great tire on and off road. Recently went up to a 37 and went with toyo because i wanted a 13.50 wide tire. I haven't had it off road yet, but on road they are awesome…i would say better than the TG with regards to ride and noise…..not that you want to make a decision based on "look" of the tire but they are so close in performance you may want to take that into consideration (along with price) I personally like the look of the TG a little more….that said that is all preference…i think most people actually like the look of the toyo more…. Cant go wrong with either tire in my opinion…I have been very happy with both.
thanks man I do like nitto also I kinda like the km2,there are a lot of choices
Old 03-06-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

I ran the 33in KM2's for about 2yrs on my YJ and really liked them a lot. When I got this '08, it came with 37in MT/R's. Only had it for a little over a month, but the ride is really good and the only sound I hear is the outside noise cause I've got my softtop on, no whistling or whining. There are a few guys and gals in our club that are running the KM2's in 33's and 35's and have been for quite some time. Hope this helps a bit.

rock
Old 03-06-2014, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Duratracs, in my opinion the best a/t tire made. There quiet, they wear great, they perform off-road better than most pure off road tires and work as good in wet conditions as a street tire.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There are much better tires out there than the km2s. I was not impressed with mine. My nittos are way better.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by egl1962
Duratracs, in my opinion the best a/t tire made. There quiet, they wear great, they perform off-road better than most pure off road tires and work as good in wet conditions as a street tire.
yea I want a tire that does decently well on wet and snowy roads too I know you can't have one perfect in every category, too bad too just want one really good in all what Micky Thompson tires ? Haven't heard much about them
Old 03-06-2014, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SBEII
There are much better tires out there than the km2s. I was not impressed with mine. My nittos are way better.
do you have the trail or mud grapplers what didn't you like exactly about the km2s
Old 03-06-2014, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

I've seen a few post here and there of people that like the toyo mt more than the km2.

I have the Toyo MT as well and on road they drive great. Don't even know you're on a mud terrain really. Off road outstanding performance. My friend with the trail grapplers no longer wants them because I pull through what he can't.

We also run the trail grapplers on all our work trucks at work and I no longer liked them much after I've been using them for the past year in comparison to the toyos.

Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Had some 33/12.5/15 km2 on a ford ranger and couldnt ask for a better lasting/on-offroad driving. Handle every thing great.

Quick Reply: Opinions on tires, anyone?