Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions on these parts?

Old 03-31-2012, 02:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!

So far, this is what I've got written down:

Teraflex 2.5" lift = $730

Front Bumper: Smittybilt XRC MOD: $576

Rear Bumper: Smittybilt SRC $500

Tires on stock wheels: BFGoodrich KM2 33.3" (set of 5) $1070

Winch: Smittybilt XRC8 $450

Lights: Kc 130watt windshield mounted $220

Total $3546

May throw in a skid plate or 2 and some grab handles.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that I saw you were looking to buy the parts from Quadratec. I recommend sending a PM to Bustabizz. He's a sales rep or something for 4Wheel Drive Hardware. He has helped me out with a discount a few times like when I bought my Smittybilt front bumper. It's worth a shot to save some cash for other mods.

I would recommend staying away from the RC lift and saving up for something better. My first choice would be Rock Krawler followed by Teraflex. Especially if you are only running 33"s. I have a 2 door with JKU rubi springs and shocks and a 3/4" budget boost in the rear. 1-1/2" budget boost in the front to level it out and I have over 2" total lift that works perfect with my 33s until I can get the RK lift I want. Best part, I got the springs and shocks for free and the pucks were cheap. That will only work for a 2 door though.

My recommendation would be the Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod. You'll get at least 2.5" of lift. It replaces the factory springs and gives you an adjustable track bar. It can be upgraded later for taller lifts or if you want to add control arms and such. It lists for $599 so if you talk to some of the forum supporting vendors you could probably save at least $50 off of that.

Also, You should look at the Rigid Dually's instead of the KCs if you haven't seen them. I think they are the best bang for the buck with offroad lights right now. I have a set and love them and Black Diamond Fabrication is coming out with a bunch of great mounts for them too. If you call Dave at Northridge, he is running some package deals and free shipping for orders over $100.

Last edited by Heavy_D; 03-31-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Opinions on these parts?