Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions for next mod

Old 05-01-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions for next mod

Ok people, need your opinions on next mod. I am more of a person that wants functional mods not appearance yet. Right now I have a 2010 jeep jk sport 2 door manual. I have the t/f 2.5 4 door coil lift kit. ARB diff covers. 16x9 atx artillery wheels, 315/75-16 bfg km2. I already have a compressor and jacks and tow straps. Have the poison spyder brawler lite front bumper. I live in Arizona and go rock crawler every other weekend. Highway driving during the week. I am already about to do gears and lockers in next week so looking at what else to do? Flex arms? Driveshafts? Tie rods? Dual batteries? What's. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also if u have a suggestion an idea how it would help me or prevent future? Thanks again guys like always.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With your lift flex arms are good, but not needed, same with a new driveshaft (rear would be your first with a 2 door).

How about a rear tire carrier? This would be to get your spare up higher so it doesn't catch on the ground on steep hills or drop offs. (seen it happen)

Winch can be usefull for yourself and others.

Dual batteries are great if you have a lot of electrical needs (winches, fridge, etc)

Lights for night driving (rigid leds) or amber for dust.

Relocate your evap cooler.

That is just a few.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

With what you've said about what you have and what you plan to do, the flex arms would help you get wicked flex out of your setup.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I didn't notice if he just has the coil lift, how about sway bar quick disconnects?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Oil pan skid
Old 05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I have the disconnects. Thanks for noticing. With flex arms will I get more travel? Is it that much more noticeable? I do have hids in headlights, I don't do much, if any night trail/rock running. Not any extra lighting yet, that is going to be down the road but winch is in works soon. With just a winch should I do dual batteries or not needed?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Feasterdef
With just a winch should I do dual batteries or not needed?
If you don't have a ton of other accessories (lights, stereo setups, etc.) then you can run a winch on just a single battery.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Dual batteries are not needed for winches. But deep cycle batteries are better.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:18 AM
JK Newbie

If you look up the specs for your winch it should tell you how many amps it is drawing depending on the load on the winch at the time.

It'd be best if the battery can handle at least close to that amount of amps...and a deep cycle would be best.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

If your opening the diffs for gears then sleeve and gusset your front axle. If you have a good amount of coin left get axle shafts as well.

Quick Reply: Opinions for next mod