Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions on my build-up plan, please.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Opinions on my build-up plan, please.

Just looking for some input on a build-up plan that I have in mind. What are your thoughts...don't hold back. The 1st Phase is complete (Lift, Tires, Wheels, CAI)

Phase II (In 6 months)

Rugged Ridge Modular Bumper w/ Hoop (I really love this bumper! IMO this is truly a Jeep bumper in style and function.)
Warn Power Plant
Optima Yellow-Top Battery
AEV Corner Panel Armor (maybe)
Shrockworks Rock Rails
Partial Diff Covers Front/Rear
Woods Evap kit

Phase III (In about 2 years when I don’t use this as a DD anymore)

Atlas II Transfer case
5.13 Ring and Pinion
Chromalloy Shafts (maybe after I break the factory ones)
Heavy Duty undercarriage Skid Plates
RR Snorkel
Line-X or similar
Old 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to take it off road, bump the rock sliders up to the top of the list. Otherwise...it's your Jeep...have fun with it however you like.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Renegade
If you are going to take it off road, bump the rock sliders up to the top of the list. Otherwise...it's your Jeep...have fun with it however you like.
I do take it off road but I won't live in a place with rock for about another 2 years. So far I haven't had need of rock sliders -- thus the nerf bars. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to move the re-gear up to Phase II. Otherwise I would love your budget and enthusiasm

Mike
Old 03-13-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd move the skid to the phase II and as cool as it looks I'd move down the powerplant and replace with another warn 8000 or one of the many 9000 models like t-max. I did not have your budget so I went low cost until it is no longer my DD then I'll go nuts on the powerplant and stuff.

I went with Lift, 33" and stubby bumper, 2 1/2" BB, Teraflex quick disconnect in first phase and I'm adding the lighting (KC more than likely but location hasn't been fully decided)

Phase II is begining and it consists of some form of rock rails either a-to-z or shrockworks and skid plates.

My Phase II will be 35" tires, rear bumper with carrier, Gerry Can, 4.88 or 5.13 gears, and a true lift kit more than likely 3" due to state laws in Mass, Adj track bars, Adj Control arms, Lockers

And yes, if I do it, I have a phase IV but it is dependent on whether I can get the stuff due to breakage or other swap out people do.

Shafts
powerplant (depends on what kind of locker I decide)
second Battery (waiting to see who figures this out even if it's in the trunk area for my 4door.)
nicer rims
more lights
Old 03-13-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I want the powerplant cause of the benefits of having the air comp. for the tires in one package. It makes a HUGE difference with the 35's that I have and it takes FOREVER to air them back up with a small compressor. Also, one of my objectives is to never buy a thing and then upgrade it later. I want the best I can afford and make just one purchase. I wouldn't want to buy a lesser winch then upgrade. To me a winch seems like a 1 time buy -- forever.

Mike -- Thanks, I guess I just don't realize how much enthusiasm and $$ I've been pouring into an...automobile....it's kinda' crazy. Thanks for leveling me out.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id move the skids up some too. In my exp. you dont need big rocks to bang the bottom on stuff. Or maybe i just cant drive!

Quick Reply: Opinions on my build-up plan, please.