Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions on Lift kits

Old 07-30-2017, 07:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

OME has several different coil rates to choose from and many new jeepers will pick the HD coils which are made for a real heavy jeep or one towing a trailer. they will give a rougher ride on lighter jeep and it will also ride higher causing more issues in terms of geometry which can cause a poor ride that tends to wander on the highway. Its common for a 2" OME HD coil to actually give 3"+ of lift. Their no load coils give a nice ride with less height and even a jeep with steel bumpers and a winch will get a little more then 2" of actual lift from them.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1, i bet he's got the OME HD springs, which will ride harsh without weight, especially in the back. the light duty springs will make a nice difference in ride on a light weight JK, though the front light duty springs won't hold too much weight, i've switched the OME front springs 3 times, first time when i needed to replace stiffer RE springs, so i went with the OME LD all around, 2nd time to keep my 2" lift in the front with steel bumper, winch and skids, so i switched the fronts to HD, the 3rd time because i wanted to add an extra inch in the front to have 3" total (switched from the HD 2" to the 4" OME springs, which have the same spring rates as the HD 2" coil springs), I'm still running the light duty ones in the back with RK coil wedges, i have 3" lift in the front with 2" in the back, with a nice and smooth ride, and extra 400lbs of weight all around.

I'll also add Synergy fixed LCA's to the front, or adjustable front LCA's, to drive the caster up, the difference in ride at fwy speed will be day and night.

Last edited by rsmwrangler; 07-30-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" Coil Springs for Light Duty for Smoother Ride

Originally Posted by rsmwrangler
+1, i bet he's got the OME HD springs, which will ride harsh without weight, especially in the back. the light duty springs will make a nice difference in ride on a light weight JK, though the front light duty springs won't hold too much weight, i've switched the OME front springs 3 times, first time when i needed to replace stiffer RE springs, so i went with the OME LD all around, 2nd time to keep my 2" lift in the front with steel bumper, winch and skids, so i switched the fronts to HD, the 3rd time because i wanted to add an extra inch in the front to have 3" total (switched from the HD 2" to the 4" OME springs, which have the same spring rates as the HD 2" coil springs), I'm still running the light duty ones in the back with RK coil wedges, i have 3" lift in the front with 2" in the back, with a nice and smooth ride, and extra 400lbs of weight all around.

I'll also add Synergy fixed LCA's to the front, or adjustable front LCA's, to drive the caster up, the difference in ride at fwy speed will be day and night.
I rarely go off road and I am mostly on the road. Does anyone recommend a brand of 2" coil springs for front and rear 2007 Wrangler Unlimited. Thanks

Quick Reply: Opinions on Lift kits