Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions on build with 40s in future

Old 10-12-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I too have been thinking a lot about a ls swap since moving out west. There just is not enough motor to move my JK up these hills with 40's without dropping down to 4th or 3rd gear. Off road I am fine with the 5.13 gears and 3.8:1 transfer case.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah you are going to have to run dana 60s if you want to have 40s, i ran 40s in my JKU rubicon with about 7.5 inches of lift, flat flares, 5.13 gears, with sleeved and gusseted front axle and it was way to much still cause first off my breaks didnt like it and then my steering box gave out then and i destroyed two sets of unit bearing and ball joints so i just took the plunge and built up a set of dana 60s that would have saved me a bunch of money in the first place
Old 10-12-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Emmerrrrr
whats your opinion on the g2 axle?
The G2 axles is just a Currie Rockjock 3. Solid axle.

Quick Reply: Opinions on build with 40s in future