Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

opinions on best bang/buck 3.5" lift kit

Old 01-30-2014, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default opinions on best bang/buck 3.5" lift kit

Currently running a 2.5" RC coil lift and hate the ride apart from the look and function. Looking at a new lift and want a 3.5-4" max lift from stock.
I have a 2012 2door COD with stock drivetrain.
My question is, what is the most complete, best bang for your buck lift kit for $1200 or under. On a strict budget.
I have the control arm drop brackets but would be interested in a kit that included LACs.
Do I need to change the front drive shaft due to the length?
Am I forgetting anything?
Don't mind using stock shocks for now with extensions until I can afford new ones.
Eventually looking to go to 37s, currently running 35s with spacers.
Recommendations, opinions, experience welcomed.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snakeyes76
Currently running a 2.5" RC coil lift and hate the ride apart from the look and function. Looking at a new lift and want a 3.5-4" max lift from stock.
I have a 2012 2door COD with stock drivetrain.
My question is, what is the most complete, best bang for your buck lift kit for $1200 or under. On a strict budget.
I have the control arm drop brackets but would be interested in a kit that included LACs.
Do I need to change the front drive shaft due to the length?
Am I forgetting anything?
Don't mind using stock shocks for now with extensions until I can afford new ones.
Eventually looking to go to 37s, currently running 35s with spacers.
Recommendations, opinions, experience welcomed.
Since you don't like the ride you might want to consider changing out the shocks before changing out the springs. Shocks are a major contributing factor when it comes to ride quality. Yes springs do have an effect on the ride quality but not nearly as much as the shocks.

Typically even at 2.5" lift height you need to be concerned about the driveshaft making contact with the exhaust because of the new exhaust routing on the 2012's. Replacing the front drive shaft is the better option but if money is tight exhaust spacers are always an option.

Now to get to you actual question. Based on your budget I would recommend Rock Krawler's 3.5" Flex System. This kit includes both front and rear lower control arms.

PM us if you want to discuss anything.

Quick Reply: opinions on best bang/buck 3.5" lift kit