Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions on aftermarket seat options

Old 03-15-2011, 10:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on aftermarket seat options

I’m looking for opinions on aftermarket seat options for our JK. Our JK is not a daily driver. We tend to do lots of longer trips and not much hardcore wheeling.

I’m looking at the Corbeau GTS II seats right now. Any opinions on this seat or others we should consider would be welcome.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at master craft... Good stuff.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just order two lg-1 corbeau seats yesterday. Going to put the front seats in back. we went and sat in the seats saturday they were very nice.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

just purchased and installed front Smittybilt xrc seats on my 07 JK Wangler X. I mounted the seats to the stock seat frames. Had to lengthen the middle hole slot on the seat in order to bolt the seat to the stock frame. Then cut the front tip of the seat frame in an angle so that there's enough space to lift seat adjusment lever to move your seat forward and back. The seats are nice, kinda stiff, maybe needs alittle break in time.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I looked at those and the mastercraft at 4 wheel parts, I was not really impressed.
I saw the Sparco brand at Desert Rat. They are much more comfortable. They have lumbar adjustment as well as a better micro adjustment for the body incline angle. Too bad the stupid manager kept telling me how much I would hate them. Before and while I was sitting in them, he kept saying how I would hate them. So I'll probably just buy them online.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Whatever you go with make sure you sit in them before you pull the trigger. I just tried out some LG1s and was very impressed. Most likely will be going with those, but there are still a couple of other models I want to try first.

Quick Reply: Opinions on aftermarket seat options