Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions about BedTred? Need a carpet replacement that wont "catch" doghair

Old 05-20-2014, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled my carpet two weeks after buying my Jeep. I planned on Line-X, but then after driving around with no carpets and just some liners in it I doubt I will spend the money on Line-X or BedTred.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't want to deal with pulling something out every time I submerged my Jeep in muddy waters.....I paid about the same price for a complete Line-x installation and simply pull the drain plugs and power wash the floor....best money spent on my Jeep so far.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

I've never pulled my bedtred out yet but if you want it looking like new that's the only way. It will stay good for years. Just pull your plugs before you install it. I also haven't dipped my jeep under mud either and never plan on it unless its a accident.

I did have old cj7 that I bed lined the whole exterior. That was a huge mistake it looked awesone at first but never looked good after I got it dirty the grime stayed in it because the surface was not smooth to get the dirt out. I had to spray paint over it to get the black back. Line x or bedliner belongs in the bed of a truck not a jeep imo.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
I wouldn't want to deal with pulling something out every time I submerged my Jeep in muddy waters.....I paid about the same price for a complete Line-x installation and simply pull the drain plugs and power wash the floor....best money spent on my Jeep so far.
Yeah that totally makes sense for your application. I'm not planning on taking mine through muddy waters any time soon though - especially since i have saddle leather seats and the jeep is only about 8 months old. I did get some wet okole seat covers though which should help the leather stay nice while the top is off.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by frankie945
I've never pulled my bedtred out yet but if you want it looking like new that's the only way. It will stay good for years. Just pull your plugs before you install it. I also haven't dipped my jeep under mud either and never plan on it unless its a accident.

I did have old cj7 that I bed lined the whole exterior. That was a huge mistake it looked awesone at first but never looked good after I got it dirty the grime stayed in it because the surface was not smooth to get the dirt out. I had to spray paint over it to get the black back. Line x or bedliner belongs in the bed of a truck not a jeep imo.
I know what you mean, but i think the latest & greatest line x is a lot better than what you are thinking you used back then on your CJ7. I think it's a lot smoother and more durable. Others with this installed correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AParsh
Hey Guys,
I'm looking to pull all my carpet in my 2013 JKU because i have a Samoyed (dog) that has a ton of long white hair that is constantly shedding, and it sticks right into the carpet. Vacuums wont even pull the hair out.

I was planning to buy the BedTred Premium Floor kit (BedTred Premium Molded Floor Covering Kit for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec) but i figured I should ask here first.
It's fairly pricey at $570, but i feel like it'd be a better solution than say spray on raptor liner.

If you guys have experience with this product or want to recommend an alternative I'm all ears.

Here's a few pictures of my rascal so you can see what I'm dealing with:
Attachment 554180Attachment 554181Attachment 554182
Another option would be monstaliner. Its a roll on liner so no need for an air compressor. It is also smoother then the raptor / herculiner /etc... so cleaning it doesn't require scrubbing with a brush. 1 gallon is $147.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Grant09
I recently ordered the front kit (the back kit will be next month probably) for the exact same reason:

Attachment 554351

White dog hair just won't come out of the carpet!

(ok, and I also hauled some sod home in the back recently... the dirt didn't help things either)
Wow what kind of dog is that? It's awesome! It has a bit of a samoyed smile but also looks like it could have some wolf in it too?
Great looking dog!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Just as an update, tracking shows it will arrive tomorrow, so i'll try to get pics of the install and post some thoughts.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Just a follow up for anyone who searches for this same topic and find sit later -
I did receive the bedtred in the mail and spent the better part of 4-5 hours on Saturday ripping out the old carpet and puttiing in the bedtred.
For the most part it fit perfectly. I do have the factory sub and it was not shaped for that, but its easy to work with (i tucked it under the sub).
I ended up not installing the rear recessed area (not sure what to call it) because i feel like the stock recessed area is better.
I also did not use any velcro because it holds in just fine without. My wife and i took the dog to the beach twice since and the sand is super easy to vacuum up now. I'm also still using the quadratec rear cargo mat and the stock MOAB rubber front and rear mats that came with the car and they work fine too with this set up.

I also ended up installing my MOAR dead pedal that had been sitting forever (way easier than i expected), 2 under seat lock boxes (way more work than i expected), and 2 of the truck-lite anti-flicker adapters for my JW speaker headlights (easy install, works just the same as the JW brand stuff for half the price). Everything turned out great!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default Adding some kind of carpet back on top of Line-X

I've already pulled and tossed my factory carpet last summer (2013) and had my bed lined with Line-X.

I'm thinking of adding the bedrug on top of the line-x for the winter....as the cold is rough on a pit laying on the rear floor...also helping with keeping some of the heat inside of the cab.

Anyone put this stuff on top of the Line-X?

I'll also caution anyone wanting to do Line-X, you do loose a lot of the sound damping of the carpet (if you weren't aware of this) and my fett get hot as hell in the summer...at the same time, I'm totally aware of when the top leaks and finds some of the mud that's caked up in the plastic molding....as I've had my JK mid door in mud holes at Rausch Creek, in PA.

Quick Reply: Opinions about BedTred? Need a carpet replacement that wont "catch" doghair