Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions about BedTred? Need a carpet replacement that wont "catch" doghair

Old 05-19-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions about BedTred? Need a carpet replacement that wont "catch" doghair

Hey Guys,
I'm looking to pull all my carpet in my 2013 JKU because i have a Samoyed (dog) that has a ton of long white hair that is constantly shedding, and it sticks right into the carpet. Vacuums wont even pull the hair out.

I was planning to buy the BedTred Premium Floor kit (BedTred Premium Molded Floor Covering Kit for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec) but i figured I should ask here first.
It's fairly pricey at $570, but i feel like it'd be a better solution than say spray on raptor liner.

If you guys have experience with this product or want to recommend an alternative I'm all ears.

Here's a few pictures of my rascal so you can see what I'm dealing with:
Click image for larger version

Name:	0H0YrpM.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	554180Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0204.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	554181Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeping.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	554182
Old 05-19-2014, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's pretty good, man.
I just bought it.
I recommend taking out or loosening your front seats for installation.

Amazon has best prices. Watch it for a week, the prices fluctuate.

It looks great and is like a hard runner.
Dog hair would definitely come out way easier than carpet.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:01 AM
jdk
JK Freak

I have had bed tread in mine for about a year now and really like it. Fits well and easy to clean.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:18 AM
JK Newbie

If you decide to go with the BedTred, come back and give a report on how it does with the dog hair. I have a golden retriever that goes everywhere with me and I feel your pain with the hair. I've found that I can brush most of it out of the carpet with a Furminator brush. But, I'd love something easier.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have BedTred in the back if my JKU and BedRug in the front. It is a great kit and cleans up awesome. My neighbor who has a new jeep (mines an '07) commented that've thought it looked better than his new carpet. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2556469350.jpg
Views:	1003
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	554320 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-623868953.jpg
Views:	996
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	554321 I've only had I since April but so far it seems to clean up perfectly. If you BedTred it there is nothing for dog hair to even get caught in. It's like a removable Bedliner

Mine looked so good it motivated me to get seat covers too!

Name:	image-3274948213.jpg
Views:	985
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	554322
Old 05-20-2014, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

I have the bedtred front and rear in my 2 door. No hair will stick to this stuff. I really like it besides when you get it muddy you need to pull it out to clean. The texture of it holds dirt and it wont just wipe out. Make sure its a sunny day and leave the pieces layed out in the sun for awhile to get soft before you try installing It helps a lot.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bonsaii
If you decide to go with the BedTred, come back and give a report on how it does with the dog hair. I have a golden retriever that goes everywhere with me and I feel your pain with the hair. I've found that I can brush most of it out of the carpet with a Furminator brush. But, I'd love something easier.
I was doing something similar, using a flea comb (very fine teeth) to get the hair out. But it still was not a perfect method and i'm pretty sure the teeth of the comb were ruining the carpet.

I did make the order yesterday. For anyone else considering Northridge4x4 had it $20 cheaper than everyone else ($550 vs $570) but they don't advertise the exact kit on their website, i had to call in.

I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by frankie945
I have the bedtred front and rear in my 2 door. No hair will stick to this stuff. I really like it besides when you get it muddy you need to pull it out to clean. The texture of it holds dirt and it wont just wipe out. Make sure its a sunny day and leave the pieces layed out in the sun for awhile to get soft before you try installing It helps a lot.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I recently ordered the front kit (the back kit will be next month probably) for the exact same reason:

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	554351

White dog hair just won't come out of the carpet!

(ok, and I also hauled some sod home in the back recently... the dirt didn't help things either)
Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried brushing the carpet with one of those rubber brushes for pets? Works amazing for me, that thing pulls all the hair out effortlessly.

Quick Reply: Opinions about BedTred? Need a carpet replacement that wont "catch" doghair