Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions on this 4" lift

Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on this 4" lift

What do you all think of this product? Seems pretty inexpensive as far as 4" lifts go. Help the new guy

Kevin

http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/prod...cat=295&page=1
Old 02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliforniaSurf
What do you all think of this product? Seems pretty inexpensive as far as 4" lifts go. Help the new guy

Kevin

http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/prod...cat=295&page=1
it's a rough country lift. i've installed one and it's not bad but, i would ditch the cam bolts and pick up a set of adjustable front lower control arms to set your caster.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As WOL said the cam bolts are good enough as interim solution, specially for 4" of lift.

SEARCH for RC lifts and you will find several owners that are unhappy with the ride it provides.

The price is tempting, but the suspension is the foundation of your Jeep, try not to go too cheap.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default cheaper options

I started out with that lift...if you look a little harder you can find it for less $$$ than that. if i had to do it all over again i problably would have went a different route with more of a complete lift that included adjustable arms. only issue i had was a sagging rear spring, which Rough Country was quick to replace.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Won't you have brake line issues.. Wouldn't you need to extend them.. didn't see any there?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

It comes with brackets to drop where your brakelines attach to the frame so you can lower them...like i said before...a more complete lift would come with ss brakelines but then you are going to pay more
Old 02-10-2010, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lacoursiere18
Won't you have brake line issues.. Wouldn't you need to extend them.. didn't see any there?
The kit comes with brake line brackets to drop the brake lines. I would also recommend ditching the cam bolts and getting a set of their X-Flex adj. lower control arms. Buy it directly from Rough Country, they're a forum sponsor and will get you the best price. Ask for Ben, He was great with some questions I had and gave me a JK-forum discount.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cams...
Get some adjustable CA's to set castor..
May I suggest looking at a more complete kit? If you add up what you're going to spend on CA's etc you might as well get something like the Full Traction 4" lift. It's a real goodie
Old 02-10-2010, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

All you need is the front lower and it's still a great deal after that. I have been running this lift for a year now with no problems and the ride is great. Listen to the people that have been running the 4" lift and you will find very few people that are not happy with it. For those you that are not familiar with RC they do offer the 4" lift in 4 different kits.
4" Suspension Kit - Basic kit
4" Series II Kit - Basic kit + Complete Control Arms Set
4" X-series Kit - Basic kit + Complete X-Flex Adj. Control Arms Set, adjustable track bar, stainless steel brake lines and quick disconnects.

Last edited by hammerhead; 02-10-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Most seem to be happy with their $575 4" kit that you are talking about. We also have the 4" X-series which is more complete with Adjustable Arms w/ flex joints, Adj Track-bar, SS brakelines, etc.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_4flex.html

We offer a 60 day satisfaction guarantee! We will do whatever it takes to make you happy or you can send it back for a full refund.

Quick Reply: Opinions on this 4" lift