Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinions On 1" Body Lift

Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DBFunJK
This is either a job done 1/2 way... or a really cheap kit. I've installed kits on both trucks and SUVs which I've owned and I know that the quality kits come with relocation brackets and steering extensions. I've never used MORE so I can't comment on their package, but I have used Performance Accessories kits and they have always come complete. With BLs you get what you pay for.

DB
On other trucks I had it is true that there are relocation brackets for the front bumper. How would you relocate the stock bumper when it slides over the ends of the frame?

Also, I don't think there is any steering extension needed for a 1 inch body lift.

I think that Jeep has at least a 2 inch block in there. I definately agree that it doesn't look good.

I'v been thinking that it is usually true about " you get what you pay for" but I have asked quite a few times on the forum what the differences are in JK body lifts. The prices range from under 100 bucks to over 250 bucks. I'm wondering what the differences are. Are some kits more complete? Some are stronger? Some look better? Some you are paying for a name? I never get any answers.

Last edited by davidwm71; 01-08-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rooster5333
I am a "mouse click" away from ordering that bumper. How do you like it? DO you have any other pics? Does the stock round lamps fit in the holes in the bumper?

EDIT: I found some other pics of yours in other posts. I know they used to say the fog lamps will fit but I guess that wasn't true. I didn't see you bumper thread because in the title it says Rugged Ridge. Maybe someone can edit that for you, there's good info in you thread but some people are going to miss the info when searching for Rampage.

Last edited by davidwm71; 01-08-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwm71
I am a "mouse click" away from ordering that bumper. How do you like it? DO you have any other pics? Does the stock round lamps fit in the holes in the bumper?

EDIT: I found some other pics of yours in other posts. I know they used to say the fog lamps will fit but I guess that wasn't true. I didn't see you bumper thread because in the title it says Rugged Ridge. Maybe someone can edit that for you, there's good info in you thread but some people are going to miss the info when searching for Rampage.
Yeah, I couldnt believe I put Ruged Ridge. I was looking at some other parts they had and just had them on my mind I guess. I love the bumper! Ive had a lot of people comment on it and I couldnt be happier. The factory fogs will fit. Somewhere on here the guy that bought one after me used his factory ones. He had to make a bracket or something but it worked for him. I went with their fogs. They are 55 watt but can go up to 130. They are also glass. The bumper comes with winch plate and D rings. You'll like it.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

I will be adding a 1" BL when it is time for 37's. I wouldn't go any higher though. As far as the pinch seam, I'd just mask it off and hit it with some flat black paint or bed liner. Mine is already black so I'm not too worried. Also, is there any one with a manual trans that has had a problem with shifting? I know the TJ's needed a little mod to the floor pan, just wondering about the JK. Also, the white and red Jeeps look awesome. Can't even tell they have a BL. The other one with the 3" looks too redneck, and not safe.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have a 2.5" teraflex with shocks. if i was to install a 1" body lift would i have to get longer shocks?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Longer shocks are not needed for any bodylift, bodylifts increase the distance between your body and frame and have nothing to do with the suspension.

Quick Reply: Opinions On 1" Body Lift