Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinion: Teraflex 2.5" BB

Old 10-02-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't compare "budget boost" with the "complete" lift kit. That said, I'm happy with TF BB. So far no problem whatsoever with moderate trail ("More Difficult" rated trail).

I wrote about it (my review/experience of TF BB) here (Page 2): https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/hawkins-mountain-trail-4w304-alpine-lakes-cle-elum-wa-16833/

Well, here's what I wrote:

As my sig says, I run Teraflex 2.5 BB with shocks. No additional parts were added underneath of the JK. Just the TF BB kit. So far I haven't had any problem with the lift. I heard (from WOL) that the 35" tire would touch the top of the fender flare at a full flex, but so far, it hasn't happened yet... or we didn't noticed (we don't get out of the Jeep every time we go over the rocks, bumps etc.) Either way, I don't see any visible damage on the fender flares. Well, unlike the trails in Sierra Navada, there aren't many huge rocks that need to clear in order to move ahead here in the Cascades. I'm thinking of getting more "complete" lift kit since I'm getting hooked on the 4-wheeling thing and planning of going to more difficult trails in the Sierras and Moab like the ones you see at Project-JK.com. That said, TF BB is a great lift kit. Since it comes with only few simple/basic parts, it requires very low maintainance. Highly recommend to anyone thinking of getting the lift kit that can take "more difficult" trails with ease but don't want to spend thousands of dollars.

Last edited by moun10eer; 10-02-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant211
What maintaince is required and how often?
I nut & bolt mine at each oil change and after any extended wheeling trip. Since the BBs do not replace as many parts as the "full" kits, there are less bolts to recheck torque on. It takes all of ten minutes to check torque on everything, and that includes getting out the tools and putting them away.

Quick Reply: Opinion: Teraflex 2.5" BB