Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinion: Teraflex 2.5" BB

Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bodybrdng
It will be good
I was just worried id need the track bars, i might go with this kit then.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a bit confused. So, do you need new control arms and track bars? If I were to buy the Teraflex BB with shock adapters only, would I have any issues? What problems can arise from not having your axles centered?

Last edited by blackmarketg4; 10-02-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bodybrdng
wHAT SIZE TIRES ARE YOU RUNNING?
The stock rubicon 32's for right now. Once they wear out, 35's and a regear. I also want to eventually move to a full traction ultimate or something similiar, but my wallet needs to get alot fatter first! :
Old 10-02-2007, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have a picture of what your Jeep looks like with the 32" tires with the lift? Does it look disproportionate?

Originally Posted by bly109
The stock rubicon 32's for right now. Once they wear out, 35's and a regear. I also want to eventually move to a full traction ultimate or something similiar, but my wallet needs to get alot fatter first! :
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by blackmarketg4
I'm a bit confused. So, do you need new control arms and track bars? If I were to buy the Teraflex BB with shock adapters only, would I have any issues? What problems can arise from not having your axles centered?
No, you do not need either for the tera 2.5 BB. My front axle is off about 3/8" and the back about 5/8". The only thing I can see happenning is some tire rub on one side when I put 35x12.50 on it at full flex.

I have the kit with shock adapters and no issues at all after 3000 miles and some light wheeling. However I have heard of some 2drs having some wandering issues due to the axles being offset, although some people say they dont on a 2dr. The ones that had problem added either a rear FRAME mounted trackbar relocation bracker or rear adjustable trackbar and that fixed the wandering. But I have a 4dr, so I cant say for sure about 2dr issues, just what I have read on this forum.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by blackmarketg4
Do you have a picture of what your Jeep looks like with the 32" tires with the lift? Does it look disproportionate?
I should have some at home. It doesnt look disproportionate at all. Although 35's would look better, I can live with the 32's for awhile.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default not a problem after the Jeep Camp

not a problem for me
either
Eduardo
Old 10-02-2007, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im almost tempted just to buy a 3 inch lift, to get dual track bars so i can atleast have it Perfect.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Save your money and get the real deal, I've got BB but wish I would have went with a complete kit now. I'm adding adjustable front track bar and rear relocation bracket and swapping out to a spring lift. I am not doing it because I have too, just because I think mechanically it is the right thing to do. Axles were off slightly, not more than an 1/4" front and rear but I want it perfect. Alignment was a waste of money/time, was bang on after the BB but they can't correct anyways so I am ordering adjustable lower control rods to dial in. BB is great way to clear bigger tires on a budget though!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tool_man
Save your money and get the real deal, I've got BB but wish I would have went with a complete kit now. I'm adding adjustable front track bar and rear relocation bracket and swapping out to a spring lift. I am not doing it because I have too, just because I think mechanically it is the right thing to do. Axles were off slightly, not more than an 1/4" front and rear but I want it perfect. Alignment was a waste of money/time, was bang on after the BB but they can't correct anyways so I am ordering adjustable lower control rods to dial in. BB is great way to clear bigger tires on a budget though!
I agree. Thats why its called a Budget boost. It may not be correct. But its a cheap way to do it. Once you add ADJ frt rear bars to the bb, it becomes MORE expensive than a real lift.

Quick Reply: Opinion: Teraflex 2.5" BB