Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Opinion on SS relocation trackbar bracket/ss tie-rod clamp

Old 09-08-2013, 03:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf

My understanding is that the EVO kit uses a 'factory' RHD draglink, no strength upgrade over what you have now. The Tera flip uses a frame drop bracket. The Synergy flip raises from the axle. Which is better may be open to some debate, I guess.

One thing I liked about the synergy setup is that you can run their drag link in the stock location, and then later on flip it to the top of the knuckle when you add the bracket. I already had the synergy drag link and trackbar (in stock locations) and sector shaft brace, so it was a no-brainer to add both front and rear Synergy brackets when I was ready for the flip.
Correct ... A drag link flip kit is Highsteer.

There's a few ways to go about doing it, and why you're getting confused. I've always considered a "high"steer raising both the drag link and track bar.

You essentially have corrected steering geometry with the drop pitman arm and TB drop bracket.
But you can also raise the TB and keep the drop pitman or flip the drag link/remove the DPA

Raising the track bar also raises roll center. This also improves handling. It's important to raise the rear because you need to be matched front and back or higher in the rear. Having only the front raised will cause handling issues.

If you do go with the Synergy kit and remove the DPA. You can not run the drag link in the stock location.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, thanks guys for your input, really appreciated!

I started to read during the week-end about the EVO and synergy highsteer kit. I still have to look at the Teraflex one...

If I go with the Synergy route, do you guys made the install with the synergy 1.5" per foot tapered reamer, or with the 13/16 drill bit and the TRE flip adapter?

i would like to make the right modification one time, and then to not think anymore to these components. I don't think I wheel hard as you, and there is no have that much rockcrawling to do where I live, but on the first 6 month I had my jeep before to store it, I went out in the trails like 4-5 times and everything was good... But If i can get a better behavior on road, I'll be happy, since obviously, I pass more time on the road as DD than in the trails.

So please correct me if Im wrong, but, if I understand well, I will need:

-SYNERGY MANUFACTURING*::*Steering*::*Synergy Jeep JK Front Steering Correction Kit

-3" front bumstops (I have to verify if my RC ones are 2" or 3")

-SYNERGY MANUFACTURING*::*Jeep JK*::*Synergy Jeep JK 2"-3" Bolt-on Rear Track Bar Bracket

-Optional rear HD TB in the future
Old 09-09-2013, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Steering correction/high steers/flips/raised roll center, these are about on-road handling for taller lifts, not off-road performance.

I have a PR44 front, so went with the weld-on bracket for the larger tube and not the one you linked, used the flip adapter instead of reaming, and added that rear bracket at the same time. (using the old FT adj trackbar that has been on there for years, not the stock trackbar).

Do a little more research on the synergy flip. At one point, there were clearance issues with some trackbars. I know that synergy actually redesigned their own adjustable trackbars specifically to work with the flip, and do not know if there are any issues with clearance for the monster.

Last edited by nthinuf; 09-09-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, by the time you replied to me, I found some thread talking about the interference between the Synergy drag link flip and the Teraflex Monster trackbar. But only on passenger side at full stuff.

Looks like I will take more time before to buy the parts and be sure on which route to go. Looks like I will have to sell my brand new TF Monster TB and go with the Synergy that fits the Highsteer kit.

I like the way the TF Monster TB is made, with the easy adjust for center left/right the axle. But if I need to sell it and go with all the Synergy, I'll do it to ensure a nice ride.

Will continue to search and read for sure... to see if people had a lot of problem with this Synergy Drag link flip/TF Monster adj TB

Thank nthinuf. You guys with more experience help me a lot knowing more about the JK.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Correction, re-reading the thread, it will hit the sector shaft... that'S why JKred is saying better to go with 4" + front bumpstop...
Old 09-09-2013, 12:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by smellytuna
Correction, re-reading the thread, it will hit the sector shaft... that'S why JKred is saying better to go with 4" + front bumpstop...
Adjustable Bump Stops

And if you do end up with synergy components, may as well look at this also.
http://www.synergymfg.com/www.synerg...t-p-30220.html

See how good we are at spending your money...

Last edited by nthinuf; 09-09-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:41 PM
JK Junkie

The TF loop might hit the pitman arm. In running it and Synergy's Highsteer.
I've see pics of contact but its minor and I would thing the wheel turned one way.

Drill the knuckle. If you have to revert to stock the adapter can be used on the bottom
Get yourself a 13/16 bit and a Dremel.
Many of us had issues using the 13/16 and had to open the hole up. DO NOT force it in. If it doesn't fit in with a light tap the hole is too small.

Last edited by kjeeper10; 09-09-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I know about spending all the money into those damn jeep!!

Kjeeper10 & bbrown626, it looks like both of you as the TF monster adj front TB and the Synergy drag link flip.

Do you guys experienced any interferences with the sector shaft as mentionned in other thread?? Or another problems??

I'm trying to take a decision in ordering the Synergy highsteer kit... since I already have the TF Monster TB waiting to be isntall....

Or to buy the Synergy frotn TB to match the highsteer kit and sell the TF one.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
JK Junkie

Let me take a pic ....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2028800664.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	496153  

Last edited by kjeeper10; 09-09-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the picture.

So I understand the Synergy Highsteer kit should work with my TF monster front TB, but with maybe some minor interference with sector shaft at full flex I imagine. Good to know! Will give a try before to switch to the synergy front TB maybe one day. Looks like you (Kjeeper10) ride this set-up for a couple of month... and it works for you and probably for others here on JK-Forum.

As for the install, i will drill 13/16 (.8125") the knuckle as per instruction and pay attention to not force the adapter in the holes as you said. Let's see what hole diameter I will get by hand drilling... they say to no elongate or drill over .880".

And as for the Sector Shaft Brace kit, I'll wait to see how the jeep drive's. Just to have the RC drop bracket and RC drop pitman arm removed, and haing installed the Synergy highsteer kit, TF front TB, TF hd ss, Synergy rear raised TB bracket, TF front LCA should helped a lot in jeep drivability.

Thanks again to all of you that helped me with my issue.

Will post an update the day that everything is installed.

Quick Reply: Opinion on SS relocation trackbar bracket/ss tie-rod clamp