Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Operation increase gas mileage with 37's!!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Tire pressure

Try increasing the tire pressure a bit. For best MPG, run the pressure as high as possible without wearing out the tread center or jaring your teeth loose.

Also, there's been studies on driving style. There's something like 30% difference between drivers who are all gas then brake, and those that take it easy on the acceleration, coast to stops, etc.

I'm extremely skeptical that tuners, exhaust systems, air filters, etc. will do anything real for your MPG. Think about it this way: Automakers, have some serious engineering talent, and lots of economic incentives (consumer demand and CAFE standards) to get the best (cost effective) MPG possible in a given vehicle model -- So why would they leave out these simplistic concepts if they actually worked? And if a tune for better MPG is real, why doesn't Chrysler hire some of these tuner-hackers (or at least steal the secret tune code) and improve the whole fleet MPG and make some serious money?

Old 08-31-2013, 02:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I am going to change out the valve stems and have the tire pressure increased... I usually run at 34 psi
Old 08-31-2013, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Changing your driving habits will help the most, and that's free. I have a ScanGauge installed and use it to monitor how I'm driving. I average about 20 mpg city, and that mainly short trips.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer
Changing your driving habits will help the most, and that's free. I have a ScanGauge installed and use it to monitor how I'm driving. I average about 20 mpg city, and that mainly short trips.
This has always worked for me, as a friend of mine puts it drive like there is an rotten egg between your foot and the pedal and you darn sure dont want to break it. this proved true in my TJ and the Ram 2500 CTD Ive only been in the JK family for two weeks now so I'm still playing, in my older wiser years I've traded my need for speed into a game to see how high I can get my fuel mileage.

P.S. I lied about trading my need for speed, I still have an old 64 Ford Falcon with a 408sb stroker motor and 5 spd but Jeep and Speed aren't exactly sanonymous so lets see how far we can go in the jeep on one tank of fuel.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I've canned this idea... It sucks... Building one tons and putting either 40's or 42's on her and dd'ing it! Gunna push it to the max!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:09 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I hope you are 6'4" tall because 40"+ make daily driving a drag.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I hope you are 6'4" tall because 40"+ make daily driving a drag.
I'm 6'1" and I'm ready for the work! Haha

Quick Reply: Operation increase gas mileage with 37's!!