Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Oops.. LoD JK Signature Sieries Rock Sliders

Old 03-22-2011, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I wonder if it is the long arm kit not the slider

I wonder if it is the long arm kit that is the issue and not the sliders. I have noticed several jeeps with the EVO long arm kit and they have LOD rock sliders or EVO rock sliders. I wonder if the issue is more the RE Long Arm kit. Does anyone have a set of Sliders and RE Long Arm kit? Which sliders did they go with?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RRauzer
Check out TnT Customs' sliders. Frame mounted and stout. They mount within the body mounts.

[/IMG]
...howd u do that so fast lol that actually looks really good i wanna keep looking for more but i just might shoot for them, thx
Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Huck271
I wonder if it is the long arm kit that is the issue and not the sliders. I have noticed several jeeps with the EVO long arm kit and they have LOD rock sliders or EVO rock sliders. I wonder if the issue is more the RE Long Arm kit. Does anyone have a set of Sliders and RE Long Arm kit? Which sliders did they go with?
the RE jeeps look like theyre running the OEM rubicon rock rails, shrockworks slidders also might be compatible (http://project-jk.com/wpg2?g2_itemId=14312) its hard to tell...

but ya...id definatley be interested to hear what people with the RE 4.5 LA are running for rocker protection.

Last edited by Otari; 03-22-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Too bad Shrockworks takes so long. Love mine and they have mounts in the middle too. I have used a high lift to jack from the rails multiple times and have also come down on rocks pretty good with nothing more than powdercoat marks
Old 03-23-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default Food for thought

It's been my experiance with LOD that they will make custom mods to make there product fit your needs. I have a rock crawler front W/ stinger that they chopped the anvel looking ends off & added some pad eyes for my tow bar. There was no extra charge. I also have a set of rock sliders. My sliders have no special Mods, but looking at them it appeares it would not be a big deal to relocate the mounts.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Jedi

I modifiied my bracked and welded to the frame
Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you call up EVO and tell 'em what lift you have they may be able to send you a set of sliders with the mounts adjusted for that lift. I'll go outside today when I can and take pictures of the rear mounts on my EVO sliders. They work with my Fabtech kit no issues.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

just emailed LoD and EVO about this...
Old 03-28-2011, 02:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

got an email back from LoD :

what i sent:
Hi thanks in advance for your help
i was wondering if your rock sliders are compatible on both a 2 door jeep jk and a 4 door jeep jk that both have the rubicon express 4.5 long arm lift kit installed. if not, is modifying them an option, are there additional costs for that?

LoD response:
They will not work with the RE Long arm kit. The mount for the rear arm gets in the way of our 3rd mount on the sliders. We have had people modify them to fit their specific long arms before but we do not modify them. This is becasue every long arm manufacture makes their kit and its impossible to make the sliders fit them all. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you talk to Evo?

Quick Reply: Oops.. LoD JK Signature Sieries Rock Sliders