Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Oops.. LoD JK Signature Sieries Rock Sliders

Old 11-05-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oops.. LoD JK Signature Sieries Rock Sliders

I ordered my LoD rock sliders back in September and have been anxiously awaiting thier arrival. Well tonight I was reading the write-up on Project-JK regarding the installation in preperation for thier arrival and noticed for the first time that the back mounting bracket on the rock sliders is exactly were the mount is for my rear long arm. (I have the Rubicon Express 4.5" long arm lift). So it looks like I am going to have to cancel my order on Monday.

The question is what rock sliders are available for a 4dr JK with the long arm lift? I have looked around, rugged ridge, Rancho, EVO, Poison Spyder, with the exceptoin of Poison Spyder there isnt alot of detail on how these things mount and really dont want to make the same mistake twice. I really want a solid slider and prefer it mount to the frame rather then the pinch seam or underbody, but this may not be possible as with my long arm lift there is not much mounting room left on the frame.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running the Or Fab ones but they don't mount to the frame. Going to be tricky.. unless you can do some type of cut out for the arms maybe?
Old 11-06-2010, 03:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EVO are frame mounted
Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

I looked at the EVO's but they state "weld-on" installation. I am not much of a welder.
I did look at the smittybilt and rugged ridge sliders and they attatch to the body mounts. I am not sure how strong this would be, I dont see where they state it could be used as a jack point and that scares me.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Poison Spyder ones are beefy as hell! Yes the do mount to the body (not just the pinch seam) but they spread that load out over 15 mounting points, you wont be disapointed if you go that route.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
I ordered my LoD rock sliders back in September and have been anxiously awaiting thier arrival. Well tonight I was reading the write-up on Project-JK regarding the installation in preperation for thier arrival and noticed for the first time that the back mounting bracket on the rock sliders is exactly were the mount is for my rear long arm. (I have the Rubicon Express 4.5" long arm lift). So it looks like I am going to have to cancel my order on Monday.

The question is what rock sliders are available for a 4dr JK with the long arm lift? I have looked around, rugged ridge, Rancho, EVO, Poison Spyder, with the exceptoin of Poison Spyder there isnt alot of detail on how these things mount and really dont want to make the same mistake twice. I really want a solid slider and prefer it mount to the frame rather then the pinch seam or underbody, but this may not be possible as with my long arm lift there is not much mounting room left on the frame.
Ours mount to the pinch seam and underneath to the tub stiffener. You can definately use them with any LA kit. You might want to check out the pics Wayoflifette took in our SEMA booth this year, as these are on our green JK with a LA kit. Like the others they are very beefy.

Yates
Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Evo ones do weld to the frame, and they work with the RK 5.5 LA lift. It isnt hard welding to do, maybe a 15 min job after prep.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yhudson
Ours mount to the pinch seam and underneath to the tub stiffener. You can definately use them with any LA kit. You might want to check out the pics Wayoflifette took in our SEMA booth this year, as these are on our green JK with a LA kit. Like the others they are very beefy.

Yates
those look pretty cool
i like your thread at https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...amp-Side-Armor

could you provide a link for the sema booth? im really curious to see how they look with a LA lift
Old 03-22-2011, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question RE 4.5 LA lift kit rock slider clearance

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn

I'm having the same predicament (except i'm in a 2 dr). have you found other options for rock sliders compatible for the RE 4.5 LA? There are a few out there that look like they could get the job done, but if there are some out there that can be mounted to the frame or body mounts and is also compatible with:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0582.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	140939Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	140938Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0577.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	140940

i think that might be preferable. I'm curious to see what options are out there

Awsome jk btw

Last edited by Otari; 03-22-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check out TnT Customs' sliders. Frame mounted and stout. They mount within the body mounts.

[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Oops.. LoD JK Signature Sieries Rock Sliders