Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which rock sliders are better?
Brawler Rockers
57.89%
Rocker Knockers
42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Which one would win Brawler Rockers or Rocker Knockers?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one would win Brawler Rockers or Rocker Knockers?

So I am looking at getting either the Brawler Rockers (comes with the body armor) or the Rocker Knockers (body armor bought separate). They would both be about the same price if I bought the body armor with the Rocker Knockers.

Which one would you get? Why?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:19 AM
JK Freak

I will be honest. I bought the Rocker Knockers based off the looks. I think they look better. The Brawler Rockers look like they could withstand more abuse but I think either pair will do the job. I pick mine up from the powder coater today.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I will be honest. I bought the Rocker Knockers based off the looks. I think they look better. The Brawler Rockers look like they could withstand more abuse but I think either pair will do the job. I pick mine up from the powder coater today.
Yeah I would have to agree with you. I like the fact that you can have the insert painted a different color if you choose to. What did they charge you to get them powder coated?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Same with me. I liked the looks of the Rocker Knockers better and I felt like they would be easier to keep clean on the inside, the Brawler's are more enclosed.

The Brawlers do offer more of a step I that is of interest to you.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I say rocker knockers as well.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by R_K_DUB
Yeah I would have to agree with you. I like the fact that you can have the insert painted a different color if you choose to. What did they charge you to get them powder coated?
I had the Rocker Knockers (4 Pieces) coated matte black and inserts coated a silver. I had the JK Body Armor (2 Pieces) coated matte back. I was charged $100. I was pretty satisfied with that fee. Same place coated my brawler lite bumper and crusher flares for $300.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

i would go with rocker knockers... both look good though!!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installing my rocker knockers today but I don't have the patience to get them powder coated... I want them on my jeep now!! so I'm just gonna spray them
Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lando
Installing my rocker knockers today but I don't have the patience to get them powder coated... I want them on my jeep now!! so I'm just gonna spray them
The place I get mine done is usually a 24 hour turn around. But if your good with a rattle can enjoy. I an terrible with spraying my own stuff.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rockers! But then again I know how I torture my rig, little piece of mind when your hear that crunch on the trail

Quick Reply: Which one would win Brawler Rockers or Rocker Knockers?