Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...

Old 11-03-2013, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard of the Ultra SWS several times. Anyone know the difference in the Ultra and the Mesh?
Old 12-15-2013, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudbug79
Link to the material you used?
Sorry mudbug, I just saw this! I used some petshade that I picked up locally at llowes. You will find it in the hardware area in rolls of varying length and width.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to bring back an old thread or anything, but has anyone used the Rugged Ridge Eclipse Sun Shade? I have the SWS in the cart with the discount added, but just want to see what people think about the other?

This is my 1st Jeep and I have been dying to take off the back hardtop since I got it, but the wife won't help me until I get something like this for the little guy in the back.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:17 AM
Former Member

No one with experience on the Rugged Ridge Eclipse? Old thread, I know, but I just started looking into these shades.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Default AVOID THE DD 2 Piece

After reading most of the posts on this thread I went with the two piece Dirty Dog. This was my personal experience as other's might have experienced something different. First off DD is located in Canada and nothing against our neighbors to the north but shipping was SLOW. You also need to consider dealing with returned shipping is you have any issues. The overall product is good however I do NOT recommend the two piece. The back shade covering your passengers (be it two leg or four) works great. All of the straps have their place and work just fine. The front shade covering the driver and passenger has some quality issues and a major design flaw using a strip of adhesive velcro which you tape to the upper side of your roll bar/audio bar. This is to keep the back portion of the front shade from flying around as there are no bungy straps. After just a few short months the sun broke down the adhesive strip leaving the back side of the front shade to flap around in the wind when driving. To say the noise is a distraction is an under statement. As for the quality issue that is directed towards three sewn tabs that attach to the front window frame. Two of the three tabs have torn away from the shade however the shade itself does not flap around. If it did the shade would make driving extremely dangerous. I'm not knocking Dirty Dog as all two piece shades MIGHT have the same design but I can not nor would I recommend the two piece. It doesn't help either that I think purchasing the two piece is more expensive than a one piece.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:32 AM
JK Newbie

Not sure how old you DD two piece is but the one I ordered around Xmas time came with straps on all sides except the front which is bungie and snaps. I don't have any flapping noise and love mine, excellent product and would highly recommend it to anyone with a hard top. Extremely easy to leave on all the time and still have access to the front rotating locks for the panels.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default My 2 Pennies

I can't speak to DD buuuuuttttt Love my SWS. I have vitiligo pretty bad and burn easily. SWS saves my hide!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys realize 20-30 dollars and a trip to Home Depot will net you four or five of these. Of course, you'll have to have a needle, thread, and pair of scissors to complete the job.

Sell the extras to your buddies for 10% of what they would have spent and you'll have some cash left for a six pack and a pizza to enjoy while you and your friends laugh about how you all saved a ton of cash.

Quick Reply: One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...