Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...

Old 06-16-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a JKini 2 door Spider Web Shade and put it on yesterday. This product by far is the best thing I have ever bought for my jeep in the year in a half I have owned it. It comes with a 5 year limited warranty and they threw in 2 SpiderWebShade.com decals to represent them. With shipping and everything it was $65.98 and that's with the 10% discount. You can beat that price.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130616_190841.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	468673   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130616_190856.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	468674   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130616_190919.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	468675  
Old 06-16-2013, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

You CANT beat it I mean. Haha
Old 06-17-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One install tip, after you take it out of the box, unfold it and let it lay in the paved driveway to get hot for a little while. This will help get the wrinkles out and make it stretch a little and make it easier to install.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by controlsengineer
One install tip, after you take it out of the box, unfold it and let it lay in the paved driveway to get hot for a little while. This will help get the wrinkles out and make it stretch a little and make it easier to install.
X2. Installed mine yesterday. Laid out in the hot sun like the install video said and it made it easy. Had a hard time deciding which one to go with, DD or SWS. Very happy with decision to go with the SWS JKini Trail Mesh. Nice and tight. No flapping, or I can't hear it over the seat belts. I went with front only - rarely have passengers. Let 'em sweat if I do!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FreedomJeep13
Hey you guys with the SWS JKini type of sun screen. Anyone try putting this on without taking the rear hardtop off. Looking for a little DIY info/help before pulling the trigger on one. Thx

I dont know if you got a firm answer but Spiderwebshade stated that you have to take off the rear hardtop. I wish there was a way. I so dont want to bother taking off the rear hardtop!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Just got my SWS JKini and I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner. I'll admit that I didn't take the rear topper off, and it makes it a bit more challenging to install. But, some creative fishing for the straps helped make it a painless install. The JKini really helps to reduce the sun's heat and glare, and it's actually quite quiet in the rig going down the freeway. Bottom line, it's a cheap and practical mod.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

JKF coupon code still working for $10off at SWS (someone had mentioned that they weren't a sponsor earlier in the thread).
Old 07-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't want to start a new thread so I wanted to ask everyone who has the sw-1 jk-2d that if you are in the back do you hit your head against the top? I've had complaints about that and wondering if its normal or did I install it wrong
Old 07-20-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jjmmagoo
I dont know if you got a firm answer but Spiderwebshade stated that you have to take off the rear hardtop. I wish there was a way. I so dont want to bother taking off the rear hardtop!!!
Not going to say it was easy trying to fish the spider ball loop under the hard top, but I did it.

The only issue I'm running into is I wanted to leave it hooked up when putting the front tops back on but don't think it's going to be possible.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the jkini shade not the full length one.

Last edited by Flight7Risk; 07-20-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flight7Risk

Not going to say it was easy trying to fish the spider ball loop under the hard top, but I did it.

The only issue I'm running into is I wanted to leave it hooked up when putting the front tops back on but don't think it's going to be possible.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the jkini shade not the full length one.
Yes, that's what I have! This past week on Long Island it would have Been really nice to have the shade on with the heat wave we experienced. Now I know what it's like to live in Florida! If you could explain how you did it please tell! I'm glad it can be done!!!!

Quick Reply: One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...