Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...

Old 06-15-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gARY b
There you go Sws all the way. I haven't heard a word about the dd top. Great product. Price and customer service. If you don't want the sun. You might want to just keep your hard top on. Or buy an fj and sit in the dark
Sounds like everyone is pleased with their Spiderweb Shades.

Several people actually chimed in about the DD, both pros and cons...might wanna read back a little.

Why would you even bring up an **....you should know better :P
Old 06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely love my Spiderweb shade top. I put mine on in mid spring as the weather warmed up here in southern Cal. I did get a bit of a surprise one morning tho after a night of it being a little foggy/misty...I hit a bump going down the freeway and it rained on me!! lol
I wont forget tp put the cover on at night next time lol
best $79.99(plus tax and shipping) I ever spent
Old 06-15-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Very happy with my dd. Great product.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a SWS for $80 for JkU and it rocks!

But to answer your question about the $65. If you are that concerned about the gap just buy DD.

2 gaps so your paying 32.50 for each. It will past you life of your Jeep. Let's say 5 years before you sell or trade. $6/yr per gap.

Let's say you tide topless 60 days per
Year. $0.10 per gap per use.

Just by DD.

But for me I'd but the SWS.

For those that complain about grommets for freedom panels. Just don't use the panel screws. Freeway treated. High wind tested. Top doesn't go anywhere. Doesn't leak. This is the hardtop on JkU.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Too much over analysis. Both do the job very well. I went with the SW since it is less expensive, made in US, and shipped fast. This isn't a purchase that requires 3 pages of debate. Just buy either and enjoy it. Huge improvement over baking in the sun, particularly if you have a Black leather interior.

Originally Posted by Robsmst
I have a SWS for $80 for JkU and it rocks!

But to answer your question about the $65. If you are that concerned about the gap just buy DD.

2 gaps so your paying 32.50 for each. It will past you life of your Jeep. Let's say 5 years before you sell or trade. $6/yr per gap.

Let's say you tide topless 60 days per
Year. $0.10 per gap per use.

Just by DD.

But for me I'd but the SWS.

For those that complain about grommets for freedom panels. Just don't use the panel screws. Freeway treated. High wind tested. Top doesn't go anywhere. Doesn't leak. This is the hardtop on JkU.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

I love my spiderweb. I have the lowest protection and keep the doors of my jeep all the time. Here in Houston Texas it provides just enough shade to keep me from sweating. At night or when i put the soft top up I just undo the front, fold it back under the roll bar and bungie the two front corners to the back pillar. Easy up and easy down. I love it. Besides replacing the head lights, this is the best mod I have done to date.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since both are great products, I'g go with which ever is more affordable, though I do use Dirty Dog 4x4 screens
Old 06-15-2012, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

My trail buddy and I (07 and 08 2 Dr black Rubicons) got the Spider Web SW1JK-2D in Trailmesh (5 year warranty). We had trouble getting them to fit right at the front so we used 11" zip ties in all the grommet holes and they worked better. Top had no wrinkles and was taught all over.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

Just got a DD a couple of weeks ago. Installed easy and I love it. I did debate between the two for a while though, eventually picking the DD because it seemed like a tighter fit.

I love it, though it seems the SWS does the job just as well!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just settled on and ordered the Dirtydog shade...can't wait for it to get here!!

Quick Reply: One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...