Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...

Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i first got my jk i got sunburned at least once a week. It kinda sucked. Now, I have the SWS Trail mesh. I haven't gotten sunburned a single time since, gap included. I went on a 3 hour drive with the top down. Not even a hint of sunburn. There is NO WAY I could've done that without the SWS.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canuckjkjeeper

i agree....but i sold the front piece as i never liked it ...more for protection over the kiddies...the velcro on the soundbar deal is crap!...i had to modify mine with an attachment to the two holes in the soundbar.
That's a great idea. Going to try that as well. Thx.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

I haven't used both products, but I can tell you I will drive 100 miles in the Phoenix sun with no issues of sunburn. However, I can get a slight tan going on if I'm out all day (including walking around outside too). Also, the trail mesh is very rugged. I am not concerned about it getting damaged at all.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Went with sprier web, trail mesh. My wife can not be in the sun, so if I want the top down I had to have something. I don't know about DD's, I went for cost and the UV protection. My wife loves it and I am topless all the time now. No problems with the gap. I have not even noticed it.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Default Sws

I'v had the SWS for over a year in the Phoenix sun and never have I complained about the gap. My wife loves the shade/sun combo we get so it lets me run with no top more often. Very happy with this purchase.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Another AZ resident chiming in... SWS all the way. I've ran it alone for the last two weeks. Best purchase... sold the hard top and bought a Pavement Ends Emergency Top in case the monsoons start rolling in.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

South Florida user of the Spider Web Shade. Love it and wouldn't run topless without it. Keeps me cool, but still gives you that open top feel. I actually like the little gaps it creates, makes it look like a huge web on top of my Jeep.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fishmd
South Florida user of the Spider Web Shade. Love it and wouldn't run topless without it. Keeps me cool, but still gives you that open top feel. I actually like the little gaps it creates, makes it look like a huge web on top of my Jeep.

Yeah, that is another reason I got it, I liked the way it looked.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

It seems everyone else is happy with their spider web shade, I guess I am also, if I could do it again I would go DD all the way

I hate the gaps on the sides and also the grommets for the hard top are a pita. I should have spent the extra cash on the 2 piece DD
Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

There you go Sws all the way. I haven't heard a word about the dd top. Great product. Price and customer service. If you don't want the sun. You might want to just keep your hard top on. Or buy an fj and sit in the dark

Quick Reply: One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...