Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...

Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...

Ok...I have done a ton of searching and looking and pouring over pictures online and reviews all over this forum...

Called both Dirtydog4x4 and Spiderweb Shade...neither of which answered the phone the first, or second time I called...took three calls a piece, guess they are even on customer service.

Anyways, I digress...
DD wants $175.00 for their shade shipped.
SWS wants $110.00 for their shade shipped.

From what I have seen, I like the tight full top coverage of the DD shade much more than te Spiderweb shade which leaves that little gap on the side.

So I guess what I'm really getting at (besides that I'm insane) is, is not having that gap on the side worth $65.00??
Is there anyone that owns the Spiderweb shade that has had that little bit of light drive them nuts?

I just have this idea in my head that it will be high noon in the hot California sun and I'm going to have this little bit of glare coming in driving me nuts...
Old 06-15-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm VERY anal and the little bit of light on the sides hasn't bothered me one bit. I love my spiderweb shade. Best all around $$$ I've spent on my Jeep. I could never live without one now. This is my 6th Wrangler and this little invention has made riding topless so much more enjoyable. I am topless far more now due to the fact that I never get too hot or too sunburned!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Plus JK Forum members get a 10% discount on the spiderweb shade website. PROMO code JKF! So that 110 shipped it alittle less now! Enjoy
Old 06-15-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the DD. Went with it because I wanted better coverage as you described and I liked the 2 piece option (SW didn't have that at the time)

Overall, I am happy with it but if I were to buy again, I'd probably go with the one piece spider web shade. I never take the the shade (front or back) off the jeep anyway and I don't like the way the DD parts velcro to the sound bar.

Just my .02$
Old 06-15-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Even with the gap, I rarely catch too much sun. If I do, it has to be at a perfect angle to get it in and bother me. I love my SpiderWebShade.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moalder
I'm VERY anal and the little bit of light on the sides hasn't bothered me one bit. I love my spiderweb shade. Best all around $$$ I've spent on my Jeep. I could never live without one now. This is my 6th Wrangler and this little invention has made riding topless so much more enjoyable. I am topless far more now due to the fact that I never get too hot or too sunburned!
X2. Great product.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with DD mainly because of the gap. Avoiding a sunburnt kid or one on my shaved head is totally worth it to me. LOL! Plus I don't think spidershade was a forum sponsor at that time either.

Regardless some sort of shade is a must have product if you live in the sun...it feels 10+ degrees cooler with it on.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Another vote for the SWS. The gap doesn't bug me in the slightest and hasn't toasted my balding head in the slightest. For the money you can't go wrong. Their CS is also quite spectacular. I had an issue with one of the "spider balls", and they sent out almost an entirely extra set of them no questions asked. You can't argue with that. Plus the JKF discount is real nice too. If you need any pics on fit or anything, just holler.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

you guys that are all concerned about a little bitty gap of light touching your arm are waaaaay too picky.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn I was set on saying eff it buy the DD shade for no gap...now you guys are making me think twice...

Next question is which has better sun coverage...DD shade or Spiderweb Trail Mesh

Last edited by FlameRedJK; 06-15-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: One last debate between Dirtydog and Spiderweb Shade...