Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OMF beadlocks

Old 07-29-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OMF beadlocks

is anybody running these beadlocks? if so any opions about them and pics?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKEmmert77
is anybody running these beadlocks? if so any opions about them and pics?
First off.... OMF really stands for wheel magic. They can do pretty much anything with a wheel (including making them from scratch). I have a '13 Rubicon that I wanted to keep the stock wheel and back space. I also wanted to air down for serious sand dune capability (at least as serious as you can get with a streetable Jeep on 33" tires).

OMF bead locked a set of the stock wheels and we were all happy with how they turned out. I drive these daily on the street and haven't had any problems with balance or anything else. I've checked the bolt torque twice and no problems there either.

You've probably been to their website so I don't have to tell you how spectacular their stuff is. Here's mine.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	low res jeep wheels 004.JPG
Views:	888
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	482966   Click image for larger version

Name:	low res jeep wheels 002.JPG
Views:	920
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	482967   Click image for larger version

Name:	low res jeep wheels 010.JPG
Views:	2745
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	482968  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marc W
First off.... OMF really stands for wheel magic. They can do pretty much anything with a wheel (including making them from scratch). I have a '13 Rubicon that I wanted to keep the stock wheel and back space. I also wanted to air down for serious sand dune capability (at least as serious as you can get with a streetable Jeep on 33" tires).

OMF bead locked a set of the stock wheels and we were all happy with how they turned out. I drive these daily on the street and haven't had any problems with balance or anything else. I've checked the bolt torque twice and no problems there either.

You've probably been to their website so I don't have to tell you how spectacular their stuff is. Here's mine.....
If you don't mind me asking... what did it set you back having those converted?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jnabird333
If you don't mind me asking... what did it set you back having those converted?
The basic beadlock conversion for a 17" wheel was $250. Couple of factors for mine though.... the fancy machined "Rocklite" beadlock ring with the "rock domes" on every other bolt and powder coating the ring costs extra over the basic beadlock. On the other side... I got some price break due to the fact they were a first and they used them to design a CNC program for these wheels. They had them for over a month to get that done and said they were real happy with the way they turned out. They have that program now so turn around would be quick.

What they actually do to make this happen is pretty amazing. It's not simple and the computer controled machines that do the work are something else. Considering... I am surprised they do it for price.

Anyway... I can't say exactly what it would cost to duplicate. Just takes a phone call to find out though. Ask for "Bones". He'll tell you.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im assuming that's 250 each?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Krawlersaur
Im assuming that's 250 each?
Yes. "Ballpark" for mine with the added options would be around $1500 for five. That includes relocating custom valve stems because the stock ones can't be used with these rings.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Couldn't be happier with their headlocks. Very well made. Have 75K miles on them and no problem.

Mike

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/imag...attach/jpg.gif
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	482991  
Old 07-16-2016, 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Marc W

So, I know I am bumpin' up a long outdated thread but I just had to comment on this post from Marc W on his OMF conversion fr the stock 13 Rubi wheels in Granite Metallic that was a learning lesson for OMF and turned out amazingly cool. Way to go and thanks for the info on who to ask for there, even if it was 3 years later.
I have been on the fence with having these guys take my fav , lightweight yet durable wheel - the Level 8 strike 5 - & turn them into a set of locking bead ringed crawler wheels for single digit psi+ with minimal ring and hardware ;not unlike yours. They have done several sets of this type wheel & seeing yours completed maybe are what push me to invest in this at long last. Could you let me know , did they use threaded inserts or races for each little Beadlock bolt hole so that the allow wasn't stripped by rock or anything? I know plenty of anti seize will rectify a lot but still having grade8 steel inserted into aluminum alloy is not always good over time. Thank you , if you can confirm. Great looking wheels I cannot believe I missed you doing this!

Quick Reply: OMF beadlocks