Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME vs AEV 2.5"

Old 05-15-2012, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME vs AEV 2.5"

After checking all the possibilities her in Germany and getting good advice in this forum and the wayalife forum itīs clear to go for a 2-2.5" lift kit.
Itīs up to then OME lift or the AEV. These are the only (good) ones which I can buy in Germany which are road legal here.

The OME has 2" lift and with trimpackers 2.25" . I can choose the spring rate. And getting the highest spring rate it is the so called HD kit which should actually give 3" lift
Correct ??

AEV has a more complete kit , specially with the CA brackets and the "preferred" Bilstein 5100 shocks. Although I would like tom get King or Fox shocks sooner or probably later.
I also heard the kit lifts a bit higher than 2.5" ?

The AEV kit costs twice the price of the OME here in Germany. And maybe I could buy stuff where I think itīs good with the money I keep with the OME kit. Something like CAīs , trackbar and so on.

But on the paper the AEV is a tiny bit higher.

Iīll probably stay some time then with my 33" tires and if they are worn Iīll go for 35" but defiantly not larger.
I only heard good thing about the AEV kits. Maybe not the price but this is not as important as Iīm in Germany.

Lil Nemo has a OME kit, so it must be good. Iīm only a bit afraid it is really only 2" and might be to low for the 35" tires in the future.
I have a 1.25" Eibach spring kit and this rubs even with 33" tires and full flex.

So, what to buy? Which is the "better" kit ??

Quick Reply: OME vs AEV 2.5"