Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME Steering Stabilizer w/ AEV 3.5in lift question

Old 07-23-2014, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME Steering Stabilizer w/ AEV 3.5in lift question

Experts, hello, I have a JKU with the 3.5in AEV lift. I am in need of a new steering stabilizer (getting some good vibes through the steering wheel) and ordered a new OME steering stabilizer for a JK from quadratec. The stabilizer that I received looks different than the one that came on my jeep.

After doing some research (which I should've done before I ordered I guess), it appears that the AEV lift uses a TJ OME steering stabilizer, can someone confirm that for me?

My other question is will the JK one that I have fit? It does look a little larger than the one currently installed, but looks like it might fit on there.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks...

Here's some pics:

Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd suggest calling the experts who made the lift, AEV. They have a tech line open 5 days a week from 8-5.

Also, when were your tires last balanced? Are they free of mud and debris? Have you checked the torque on all of your suspension components? How does your track bar holes look?

Replacing the stabilizer will most likely mask the true source of the problem. Have you removed the old one to test compression? Is it leaking? How do you know it's bad?

Last edited by Tripletsi; 07-23-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

I installed AEV's 3.5" DualSport RS lift on my '13 JKUR 10a back in April of this year. The kit came with OME stabilizer part number OMESD48. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: OME Steering Stabilizer w/ AEV 3.5in lift question