Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME SS & relocation bracket install???

Old 02-28-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME SS & relocation bracket install???

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEOME SEND ME THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS DAMN THING!!!

I'm trying to install the tapered pin that sticks out of the top hole of the relocation bracket. I installed the SS onto it but it only fits about halfway through the bushing. So when I go to try to torque it down it just crushes the ends of the bushing that stick out (assuming I'm supposed to torque it, I don't know for sure since the instructions are CRAP).

I would install the sleeve into bushing and just bolt it up like that, but is it ok for it to bend outward at an angle like that???

(I'm sorry for yelling... But I'm ready to shoot this thing...)
Old 02-28-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha I remember having the same frustration when I installed mine. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll try to take a pic of mine tmrw and send it to you.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I gave up and reinstalled my Synergy bracket. Took some prying but I got the OME SS to fit. Had to reinstall it on the factory tie rod mount.

During all the prying I had to disconnect my sway bar to make some room. I only removed the upper part of the driver side JKS quick disco and just left it hanging on the bottom. Well I forgot it was hanging there when I went to cycle the steering to make sure everything was good to go with the SS and my JKS quick disco hung up on the tie rod and bent the crap out of the sway bar bracket.

I officially hate this SS and I'll be ripping it out tomorrow and reinstalling the Synergy SS and tie rod clamp mount. (After I go to 4WP to see of they can hopefully fix this sway bar bracket for me)

OOPS

Last edited by flomingo; 02-28-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Quick Reply: OME SS & relocation bracket install???