Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME piece together

Old 02-04-2015, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME piece together

I purchased OME long travel shocks as well as some OME light Springs for the front and OME medium coils for the rear. I also have some front adjustable JKS quick disconnects already installed. If I install just the coils and shocks will I have any problems or should I order some other things to have a basic kit such as a rear track bar bracket?
Old 02-05-2015, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How much lift are you expecting out of tholiftos coils?
Old 02-05-2015, 12:41 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Could you explain why you made those choices?

The way I see it, you are getting maybe 2" up front with the light coils, and probably 2.5-3" in the rear with medium coils. JK's start with a forward rake, so you are just making it worse. (unless you constantly carry a few tons of gear in back?).

The long travel shocks are the ones designed for 3-4" lifts? (roughly 11" collapsed, 27" extended?) Are you planning on relocating the upper shock mounts? Running a bunch of bumpstop to keep them from over-compressing and blowing out?

For you specific questions, no, you won't 'have' to buy anything else. But after driving it, you may decide that you want to. Axle centering can be a good thing. People tend to like having some form of caster correction. Longer brakelines or extension brackets can come in handy to keep them from ripping off the frame.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

This is an interesting build. Let me know how it feels driving it when you get it all put together! :p
Old 03-22-2015, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Could you explain why you made those choices?

The way I see it, you are getting maybe 2" up front with the light coils, and probably 2.5-3" in the rear with medium coils. JK's start with a forward rake, so you are just making it worse. (unless you constantly carry a few tons of gear in back?).

The long travel shocks are the ones designed for 3-4" lifts? (roughly 11" collapsed, 27" extended?) Are you planning on relocating the upper shock mounts? Running a bunch of bumpstop to keep them from over-compressing and blowing out?

For you specific questions, no, you won't 'have' to buy anything else. But after driving it, you may decide that you want to. Axle centering can be a good thing. People tend to like having some form of caster correction. Longer brakelines or extension brackets can come in handy to keep them from ripping off the frame.
It has been awhile since I have checked this thread. The reason why I went with the light/medium coils is because I am not adding 100lbs worth of bumpers to the front and rear of my jeep. I have the springs and shocks installed now. I also installed a RK front adjustable trackbar and front lower control arms. I need to crawl under it and measure how much lift I gained overall. My next step is to fully flex it out and let it droop to see if longer brake lines are needed. On the road it handles great. I have wheeled it but when I do I have to leave my swaybar connected as it rubs pretty bad. My front flares have been chopped and I still need to do the rear. Longer bumpstops are on the way also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FZeEqaQ.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	679611

Last edited by cody0707; 03-22-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Quick Reply: OME piece together