Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME LT vs AEV Lift?

Old 02-10-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2 on C-gussets.
I have them with the AEV lift. The gussets needs a bit of grinding to fit but fit they did. Worked well.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommend getting the AEV suspension. It sounds like that is what you really want anyway. It's dual rate springs handle heavy loads extremely well. The custom Bilstien shocks in the AEV kit are longer than the OME LT shocks which allow for more travel as well.

I have about 8,000 miles on my AEV lift and I'm glad I made the decision I did. I bought the lift from David last summer. It handles great both on and off-road. I have absolutely no regrets.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in between these two kits as well.. ended up going with the AEV kit because I "thought" it was more complete.. I am VERY happy with the kit.. but to complete it I needed to add 1/2" Teraflex spacers in the rear so stop the rear coils from becoming unseated during full droop. (they unseated to the point where I was able to lift them out of the JK with little to no effort) with the 1/2" spacers I love the kit because it has a LOT of droop for a 3.5" kit. Also, to complete the kit I would recommend getting front upper or lower control arms to correct the castor. (Cam bolts work, but arent the best solution).

Also, when I got the kit, the OME +40 was not available, if it was I probably would have went with it and Im sure I would be very happy with it..

To me, in the end they are both great kits and either way you will be happy with your purchase.

Quick Reply: OME LT vs AEV Lift?