Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME LT shocks. Will sway bar link be long enough?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME LT shocks. Will sway bar link be long enough?

Hey Guys,

I've got the TF 2.5" coil lift with shock extensions on the Rubi shocks. I just sent Stan at Northridge an email to get a price on the OME LT shocks and extended Crown brake lines. From what I've read the brake lines are probably overkill but I plan to go a bit taller in the future.

My question is that once the LT shocks are installed will my front sway bar links still be long enough in full droop? The front links I have installed are the old rear links that were moved to the front when I installed the lift and new rear links that came with it.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why wouldn't you be disconnected if you are doing a full droop? I have the TF 2.5" coil lift with TF quick disconnects and the OME LT shocks and have had no problems....Just make sure you have coil spring retainers so you don't loose a spring during full articulation. hope I helped.............
Old 10-13-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keneds
Why wouldn't you be disconnected if you are doing a full droop? I have the TF 2.5" coil lift with TF quick disconnects and the OME LT shocks and have had no problems....Just make sure you have coil spring retainers so you don't loose a spring during full articulation. hope I helped.............
I'm on the iPhone app and can't see sigs, but I assume the op has a rubi. With the e-disco the swaybar links remain connected to the swaybar. If the end links aren't long enough, the swaybar can be pulled to full vertical at full droop and you run the risk of the swaybar flipping in the wrong direction when the suspension is compressed again. This usually results in an end link that gets twisted like a pretzel.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jdubb75

I'm on the iPhone app and can't see sigs, but I assume the op has a rubi. With the e-disco the swaybar links remain connected to the swaybar. If the end links aren't long enough, the swaybar can be pulled to full vertical at full droop and you run the risk of the swaybar flipping in the wrong direction when the suspension is compressed again. This usually results in an end link that gets twisted like a pretzel.
Exactly. Your current shocks are acting as limiting straps preventing this from happening. You could wheel the ome lt shocks but you'd have to limit the droop somehow.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Hey guys. Sorry I guess I should have thought to mention that I'm running the Rubi with the e-disco. Yeah my main concern is the over extension and "pretzeling" my links. I saw that Northridge offers adjustable links for $80 but if I don't need them I don't want them.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

Thanks Planman! I'll just order new adjustable links with the shocks and brake lines. Any recommendations on setting the new links to the appropriate length once installed with the new shocks?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 PM
JK Junkie

As mentioned before make sure you get spring retainers with this setup. I have the currie and they have worked well.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
JK Freak

Yeah I got and installed the spring retainers with the TF 2.5 coil lift last year. Oh but I forgot to ask on my last post whether I would need longer bump stops than what came with the TF 2.5 coil lift?

So to summarize my new questions into one post:

1. How will I know what length to set adjustable sway bar links?

2. Do I need longer bump stops?

Cheers guys!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:30 PM
JK Junkie

I am running a very similar setup and have been fine with the bump stops. I have the jks adjustable disco's and I just set them where both sides slide on and off easily when on level ground.

Quick Reply: OME LT shocks. Will sway bar link be long enough?