Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME LT bump stops

Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME LT bump stops

What is the recommended bump stop spacer thickness for a 2dr V6 with OME LT shock absorbers. I have a set of Clayton nylon pads that bolt to the axle left over from a previous project. They are 3" at present and I was going to turn them down on a lathe to the correct length. They are to be used with the original foam pad chassis bump pads. I'll be running 35/12.50x17 KM2s on AEV Pintlers

Nick
Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

typically, you want your bump stop extensions to be about the same height as the lift you have. how much lift do you have now?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fitted with OME standard duty 615/617 springs which gives it about 2.5" over stock.
Standard flares, no body lift. It has got adjustable arms fitted so the rear axle is pretty centred and the pinion angles sorted. I've just removed an AEV 3.5 kit as it was to high and to harsh for my taste.
As a starting point I'd like to know what's required to stop the shocks bottoming. Clearing the body/flares/rubi rails I can work around.

Nick

Last edited by nick p; 02-27-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
To prevent the shocks from bottoming out in the front, you only need 1.25" extended bumpstops.

In the rear, I only needed 2.5" when running EVO rear shock relocation RockStars. In the stock shock bracket location, you might only need 1.5".

You will need 2.5" front and rear with stock flares and 35s.

If you are willing to run flat flares and do some trimming, you may be able to get by with the 1.25" front an 1.5" rear.

You will need rear coil retainers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly the information I needed. Thankyou very much!

Nick
Old 02-28-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm using OME 2.5" bump stops with the OME LT sport shocks and HD springs.
No rub at full stuff. Worked on my rig with 35", 33" and stock 32.5" tires.

Quick Reply: OME LT bump stops