Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Are ome light duty springs good to use on a 4 door?

Old 01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright i think i'll probably just resell them then because i cant stand having my jeep drive crappy! really wanted the medium duty but the guy convinced me to go hd, i'll sell these and get medium duty or just buy the rock krawler kit and get it over with. I only wanted OME springs because everyone says how good they ride and handle. i wanted around 2.5 inches of lift and to get my jeep to sit level(hate the factory rake!)
Old 01-12-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

springs doesn't give it the quality ride that people experience.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

alright i think i'll probably just resell them then because i cant stand having my jeep drive crappy! really wanted the medium duty but the guy convinced me to go hd
The HD springs and the Standard springs Drive the same ,The spring rate are almost identical if not identical one is just longer than the other.

And I told you to go HD becuase the amount of Lift you wanted.

David
Old 01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ran the hd springs with the nitro sport shocks and ride was great. I just wish it would have given me a 2" lift and not 4". I have since put on front and rear drive shafts, all control arms, front and rear track bars, front and rear sway bar links, and did the drag link flip. I still run the factory tie rod but thats about it from the stock suspension. About $4500 extra spent after the lift. What the hell, its only money right?
Are you measuring with new tires or with the same tires ? I have installed 100's of these lifts and never have got 4" out of the HD springs.

David
Old 01-13-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

You have to measure from the center of the hub to the top of the wheel well before and after the lift.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daylon101
alright i think i'll probably just resell them then because i cant stand having my jeep drive crappy! really wanted the medium duty but the guy convinced me to go hd, i'll sell these and get medium duty or just buy the rock krawler kit and get it over with. I only wanted OME springs because everyone says how good they ride and handle. i wanted around 2.5 inches of lift and to get my jeep to sit level(hate the factory rake!)
Are you talking about just doing OME springs or are you also going to do the Emu Nitrocharger shocks too?

The write up below dates from 2008 and is still true today, including getting rid of the rake that offends you so much. If you don't have extra weight like real bumpers, winch, tire carrier and 100 extra miscellaneous pounds then you will get 3" instead of 2". Of this write up doesn't tell you everything you want to hear then it looks like you are back to square 1.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 01-13-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

Get the HD springs and dont look back. After adding a bumper/winch combo my jku has very little rake and Im assuming when I add the rear it will be pretty damn level. If your not planning on adding bumpers, just throw a 3/4 spacer up front. As far as additional components, I felt that after having a BB I needed some additional castor, its all personal preference. IMO, with any lift 2.5 and up it is highly advisable to purchase trackbars and some castor adjusment part for the front (lowers etc.).
Old 01-13-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well i don't really plan on adding a big heavy bumper on mine. If i do any kind of bumper it will be a small stubby bumper. From all i've gathered on here from other members my jeep is going to be flighty when driving without adjustable tackbar or adjustable lower control arms. So we'll see what happens i guess. anyone that runs the hd springs on the front without any other added components please share your experiences. thanks

Last edited by daylon101; 01-13-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Are ome light duty springs good to use on a 4 door?