Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME Lift w/ Rubi Shocks ?

Old 07-13-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME Lift w/ Rubi Shocks ?

Like most people, I have wanted to lift my Jeep since I bought it. I have been putting it off for various reason. I was high centered on several obstacles on the last trip. Thus, I would like to lift it so I can get some more ground clearance. I am planning on keeping my BFG 32" KM, wheels, and spacers until the tread is worn down. Then I will upgrade to something in the 33-35" range. I am currently 130 lbs. over stock on the front end. The rear end is currently stock with plans for new bumper and tire carrier in the spring. Also, for the people on mobile devices, my Jeep is a 2 Door Sport w/ dual tops.

Front:
Old Man Emu 2" Lift HD Coil (616)
JKS Trackbar
JKS Quicker Disconnect

Rear:
Old Man Emu 2.25" Lift HD Coil (618)
JKS Trackbar

If I use Rubicon shocks, do I need to get shock extensions?

Am I missing any components?
Old 07-13-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 616's are light duty I believe. I just installed 616's front and 617's rear and dont have extensions. I will upgrade to OME shocks soon though.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the 616 are the HD 2 door coil. So you are good. I would say yes you will need shock extensions if you plan on using stock shocks.

David

Quick Reply: OME Lift w/ Rubi Shocks ?