Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME Lift Track Bar Package Questions

Old 05-13-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OME Lift Track Bar Package Questions

I have a few questions concerning the pkg. Northridge offers and was hoping a few of you can chime in for guidance; I have a 6sp. 4-dr:

1) My plan is more of an overlanding type rig, no extreme articulation; will the standard shocks suffice?
2) What's the overall height after springs settle, I do plan on getting some 35" KM2's?
3) Control Arms; do I need the FR uppers & lowers, what about the rear on the unlimited, are they necessary?
4) Will I need brackets for the adj. track bars?
5) Pitman arm, is it necessary at this height?
6) Any other advice?

I searched through and saw different setips throughout. My main goal is a cushy ride on my DD on road & through the forest.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) No. You'll want premium shocks with lengths appropriate for your lift height.
2) It depends on which springs you choose and how heavy your rig is.
3) Probably just front lowers, maybe rear uppers, depending on how high you actually go. If you go too high you might need a driveshaft or two, but that seems to vary, rig to rig.
4) Nope.
5) Nope.
6) Go only as high as you need to fit the tires. The higher you go, the more changes are necessary. Consider flat fenders to keep the height as low as possible. And the best advice you could take is to call David and talk to him about your needs.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

1) My plan is more of an overlanding type rig, no extreme articulation; will the standard shocks suffice?

--Standard as in STOCK? or standard travel? you defiantly wanna upgrade the shock.

2) What's the overall height after springs settle, I do plan on getting some 35" KM2's?

--depends on bumpers/armor/winch. but it's a nice hight.

3) Control Arms; do I need the FR uppers & lowers, what about the rear on the unlimited, are they necessary?

--i did front lowers..i didn't touch the rears yet. i may down the road, but not right now for me.

4) Will I need brackets for the adj. track bars?

--no brackets, just adjustable track bars. and MAKE SURE YOU TORQUE TO SPEC!!!

5) Pitman arm, is it necessary at this height?
--i don't have, but see what others say

6) Any other advice?
--get Bump Stops and longer brake lines. i LOVE my setup. it's my DD(about 70 miles to work round trip). i did the Northridge OME pkg. you'll be VERY happy.

I searched through and saw different setips throughout. My main goal is a cushy ride on my DD on road & through the forest.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

My bad, I meant "standard" as standard OME's or the long travels?
Old 05-13-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Consult with others, but my feeling is get the LTs. believe it's teh same price. sorta "just in case" you wanna be more aggressive in the future..
Old 05-13-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stevedolce
Consult with others, but my feeling is get the LTs. believe it's teh same price. sorta "just in case" you wanna be more aggressive in the future..
ya that's good advice...best to plan ahead just incase.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Junkie

Be sure you have adequate bump stopping that the LT shocks don't bottom out and hurt themselves.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Be sure you have adequate bump stopping that the LT shocks don't bottom out and hurt themselves.
lol, you can be at 6" of lift and wont bottom out these shocks

ah i see. decompressing
Old 05-13-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Oh for sure!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

My driving and four wheeling habits are similar to yours. I have had two jeeps, a 2004 LJ with 32"s & a 2011 4 door JK with 35"s. Both had OME springs and shocks which provided a "better than stock" ride and did everything I needed off road. I purchased the long travel OME kit from Dave at Northridge4X4. I changed a few things from the stock kit and he was a great help in figuring it out. I will probably not use the extra travel but as the previous person said it is better to build a little extra capability in. Good luck

Quick Reply: OME Lift Track Bar Package Questions